• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown into 6/4 favourite for the job now...with 5/1 being the next candiate.

We've lost the lead 4 times at home, resulting in 4 draws, and 5 times away, resulting in 3 defeats and 2 draws.

Burton have only lost the lead once at home, resulting in a draw, and twice away, both resulting in draws.

Shrewsbury have only lost the lead once at home, resulting in a draw, and 3 times away, resulting in 2 draws and a defeat. 3 of those 4 games were thrown away due to goals in the 90th minute. The other game they lead 1-0 before going 2-1 down only to grab an equaliser. They were 2-0 up to Exeter and lost 3-2 thanks to another 90th minute goal.

Interesting stat of the day: Shrewsbury have lost 1-0 away to the top 7 sides.

Wycombe have lost the lead 3 times at home, resulting in 3 draws, and 3 times away, resulting in 2 draws and a defeat.

Points lost from winning positions:
Burton - 6 points (3 draws)
Shrewsbury - 9 points (3 draws & 1 defeat)
Wycombe - 13 points (5 draws & 1 defeat)
Southend - 21 points (6 draws & 3 defeats)
Southends record for points lost when leading says it all i think ,no need to explain where we could be on the ladder even if we had lost just 13 as Wycombe have

Writing about me at 455am seems obsessive !

Whether I attend games has nothing to do with you,If you don't like my view,then why bother reading it?

I stated on here 2 year's ago I am unable to attend midweek games,nothing has changed !.

Remember this is a message board,it's not life or death !

Was it Oscar Wilde that said "there's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about"

Take it as a compliment :smile:

We've lost the lead 4 times at home, resulting in 4 draws, and 5 times away, resulting in 3 defeats and 2 draws.

Burton have only lost the lead once at home, resulting in a draw, and twice away, both resulting in draws.

Shrewsbury have only lost the lead once at home, resulting in a draw, and 3 times away, resulting in 2 draws and a defeat. 3 of those 4 games were thrown away due to goals in the 90th minute. The other game they lead 1-0 before going 2-1 down only to grab an equaliser. They were 2-0 up to Exeter and lost 3-2 thanks to another 90th minute goal.

Interesting stat of the day: Shrewsbury have lost 1-0 away to the top 7 sides.

Wycombe have lost the lead 3 times at home, resulting in 3 draws, and 3 times away, resulting in 2 draws and a defeat.

Points lost from winning positions:
Burton - 6 points (3 draws)
Shrewsbury - 9 points (3 draws & 1 defeat)
Wycombe - 13 points (5 draws & 1 defeat)
Southend - 21 points (6 draws & 3 defeats)

Southends record for points lost when leading says it all i think ,no need to explain where we could be on the ladder even if we had lost just 13 as Wycombe have

It really doesn't matter! They are interesting stats but no more. What is important is how many points we gain in each match. It's completely irrelevant which order the goals are scored in. You get no more points for coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 than you do for leading 3-0 and ending up winning 3-2. Either way it's a 3-2 win and 3 points.

The stats say Wycombe are 8 points better than us from winning positions, and Shrewsbury are 12 points better than us from winning positions, yet we are only 5 and 8 points respectively behind those sides in the league table. That must mean that we are more productive than them in the games where we haven't held winning positions, which must be a positive, right?

Interesting find on sack race.com Nathan Jones 3rd fav for Pompey job is that the Welsh wizard or another Nathan jones

When all this rhubarb was first aired I was more than a bit worried that the wheels would come off against Newport. Obviously that didn't happen, in fact it was probably the best I have seen the team play this season. Until it is factually confirmed that PB will be going to Portsmouth I'm inclined to think it just won't happen and the team will steam-roller over the finish line in third place, auto. Would he take the job then, I wonder?

Interesting find on sack race.com Nathan Jones 3rd fav for Pompey job is that the Welsh wizard or another Nathan jones

The former. He's desperate to be a manager according to an interview last year. Said he would "die for the chance" or something like that. Big ask as your first job that though... surprised he didnt get (or apply for?) the Newport job.

The former. He's desperate to be a manager according to an interview last year. Said he would "die for the chance" or something like that. Big ask as your first job that though... surprised he didnt get (or apply for?) the Newport job.

I'd quite like to see Nathan Jones back as manager, though I fear he may have been gone too long

It really doesn't matter! They are interesting stats but no more. What is important is how many points we gain in each match. It's completely irrelevant which order the goals are scored in. You get no more points for coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 than you do for leading 3-0 and ending up winning 3-2. Either way it's a 3-2 win and 3 points.

The stats say Wycombe are 8 points better than us from winning positions, and Shrewsbury are 12 points better than us from winning positions, yet we are only 5 and 8 points respectively behind those sides in the league table. That must mean that we are more productive than them in the games where we haven't held winning positions, which must be a positive, right?

Couldn't disagree more. Football isn't won or lost on statistics, it is won and lost by human beings who react as human beings and not robots. Our statistics show that either we are mentally weak, because our record of clean sheets and mean defence means that there shouldn't, statistically, be that number of points dropped once we are ahead, or our manager is making the wrong tactical decisions and/or substitutions once we do go ahead.

I know what my money is on.

Couldn't disagree more. Football isn't won or lost on statistics, it is won and lost by human beings who react as human beings and not robots. Our statistics show that either we are mentally weak, because our record of clean sheets and mean defence means that there shouldn't, statistically, be that number of points dropped once we are ahead, or our manager is making the wrong tactical decisions and/or substitutions once we do go ahead.

Are you on the wrong thread?

Uh........?

Back