• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you want to save a few quid (literally)

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
I was walking down the high street past Bargain Buys on the corner of Cliff Town Road yesterday. In their window they had large boxes of Finish PowerBall dishwasher tablets, 110 tablets for £8 (Tesco currently charge £8 for 38). That is a pretty hefty saving compared with mainstream Super Markets. Not a particularly interesting post if you don't want them. On the other hand, if you do.............

Are you the bloke who flew to Berlin and back to save £ 7 odd quid rather than a train from Sheffield to Shenfield?

According to Martin Lewis, there's an energy provider (Green-something) that charge for a year's gas and elec' as a yearly flat fee. So, you pay no more for using more. This would be great if you have a large house and big family and/or an elderly relative and you/they worry about heating bills.

If you've not ordered food via Ocado you can get £20 off a £80 shop as a newby. :thumbsup:

Are you the bloke who flew to Berlin and back to save £ 7 odd quid rather than a train from Sheffield to Shenfield?

That kid is probably the biggest dork in history. Imagine being 18 and your hobby is travelling the country to give lectures and advice about collecting and spending coupons.

I did have a bit of a bad feeling before posting, I have now learnt my lesson. Any further savings will remain a closely kept secret.

I did have a bit of a bad feeling before posting, I have now learnt my lesson. Any further savings will remain a closely kept secret.

I think it's a great idea for a sticky thread, a bit like HotDealsUK. We are all after helping each other out on here, why not have a dedicated thread for cheap deals etc

I agree with DWB. Any genuine money-savers are welcome - they are not compulsory, after all.

Let's not forget - there are some folk who really do struggle to survive.

I had a work-mate who for medical reasons could only work part time, She lost her purse and was in tears because she honestly didn't have the money to get through the month. So we all chipped in a fiver to buy a new purse and put a few quid in it. She cried tears of thanks. Very humbling.

Think it's a good idea, I'm sure people might be more receptive if it was savings on beers!

As it goes, Groupon are brilliant for offers on stuff like dishwasher tablets and loo rolls, worth signing up to and keeping an eye on if you like a bargain.

Oh shut up you soppy old sod, I was only playing. Actually, I agree with some of the others, a good idea for a sticky thread.

Back