• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World t20 March 2016

I have ****ing loved this tournament. Finish the job please, England. Be fitting to go full circle and get revenge for game 1.

I got home from work to be told by my son that the Windies had won. I genuinely thought he was joking, especially as they had lost no more wickets since I left the office.

It was a great game and I can't wait for the final sunday. For me WI are big favourites unless we can adapt quickly, we were great against NZ but I think the fact we had played 2 games on the pitch before that helped massively. Eden Gardens will play totally different and we have to work out what works quickly, we aren't great at doing that.

156 is all WI's need. Can't see us winning this one I'm afraid.

5-2 Gayle just gone, I may have got this a little wrong.

Well done Stokes you've well and truly ****ed it for England! Why did they use Jordan and Stokes for the last two overs.

West indies just about the best side in the tournament,but clearly the worst behaved,well done England onwards and upwards.

Well done Stokes you've well and truly ****ed it for England! Why did they use Jordan and Stokes for the last two overs.

Have you watched any of the other matches FFS?

Or even before the tournament - the Pakistan T20 when Jordan's super over won it, or when Stokes successfully defended 12 v Aus last summer.

Absolutely gutted, but we've got a really good team, Root and Buttler are superstars, next two tournaments are in England. We'll win a major tournament soon.

Have you watched any of the other matches FFS?

Or even before the tournament - the Pakistan T20 when Jordan's super over won it, or when Stokes successfully defended 12 v Aus last summer.

Absolutely gutted, but we've got a really good team, Root and Buttler are superstars, next two tournaments are in England. We'll win a major tournament soon.

Yes I have watched it thank you very much. But I know that some bowlers don't suit certain matches and Stokes and Jordan did not suit this game.

Okay. Who would you have bowled?

I'd have used Stokes and Jordan earlier on and used Willey for the last overs and maybe gone with Root. It was suicide as WI were knocking everything Jordan and Stokes threw at them all over the park!

Stokes is one of our big players and I certainly don't hold him responsible for the loss , but that last over was very poorly bowled and he seemed to have no plan B.
Brathwaite had only one option given they needed 19 and Stokes made it much easier for him.

I'd have used Stokes and Jordan earlier on and used Willey for the last overs and maybe gone with Root. It was suicide as WI were knocking everything Jordan and Stokes threw at them all over the park!

Willey bowled at crucial moments in the game. Root stood just as much chance as getting hit for something massive as Stokes did.

I really can't get on board with this hyperbolic blasting of Stokes for what he bowled. The first was a terrible ball, no question about that, but the other three were just sublime knocks and sheer brass balls from Braithwaite. Close finals will be won and lost on moments of brilliance. That was one of them.

Yes I have watched it thank you very much. But I know that some bowlers don't suit certain matches and Stokes and Jordan did not suit this game.

I'm not a Jordan fan but I thought he bowled really well at the death and kept his cool after they hit a boundary on the 1st ball of both his final overs, his wide Yorker was magnificent! I was quite confident when Stokes stepped up for the last over, he messed up but I don't think Morgan made a mistake in who he bowled and when he bowled them on the night. I'm not a fan of Morgan either.

I'm not a Jordan fan but I thought he bowled really well at the death and kept his cool after they hit a boundary on the 1st ball of both his final overs, his wide Yorker was magnificent! I was quite confident when Stokes stepped up for the last over, he messed up but I don't think Morgan made a mistake in who he bowled and when he bowled them on the night. I'm not a fan of Morgan either.

Completely agree.

Agree with you apart from the Stokes bit. Jordan bowled well an mid-off should have clearly been back. I was a little nervous after seeing Stokes other overs. But with 19 to play with and a big lad who is going to plant his feet, you just have to bowl full and wide of off stump. The first ball in that last over is critical. He ended up bowling four out of four shockingly poor balls.

Did anyone notice a sinister looking bookie lurking around by any chance:winking:

I didn't watch the West Indies innings because I had a tennis lesson. My lesson started with the Windies about 40-odd for 3, but because we scored 155 I was still pretty much resigned to us losing. Whilst walking home from the tennis club I watched the final two/three balls on my phone. It was only when I actually got home that my family told me how close it had been.

Given how we batted, I expected us to lose, but in the end to get so close at not win was really gutting. In my opinion you win and lose as a team. Ok, the last over didn't go as planned for us, but are the batters really going to avoid scrutiny because of that?

Back