• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World t20 March 2016

Well done Stokes you've well and truly ****ed it for England! Why did they use Jordan and Stokes for the last two overs.

Because Jordan and Stokes are our two best death bowlers.

West indies just about the best side in the tournament,but clearly the worst behaved,well done England onwards and upwards.

I thought Sammy's dig at their board and that vanden plas stroker Mark Nicholas and Samuel's "not sure what Shane Warne's problem with me is, maybe it's because my face is real" were awesome. Just a shame they didn't also go for Giles Clarke.

Willey bowled at crucial moments in the game. Root stood just as much chance as getting hit for something massive as Stokes did.

I really can't get on board with this hyperbolic blasting of Stokes for what he bowled. The first was a terrible ball, no question about that, but the other three were just sublime knocks and sheer brass balls from Braithwaite. Close finals will be won and lost on moments of brilliance. That was one of them.

Absolutely.

It's knee-jerking of that worst order. Had he bowled the same deliveries but Brathwaite had been caught on the boundary or swung and missed the same people would be saying what a great bowler he was and hailing him as a hero.

On Stokes, Michael Atheron, as ever, got it spot on in The Times today. Ben Stokes will never go hiding and that is exactly the sort of cricketer every captain wants in his team.

He'll be winning games again for England, across all formats, soon enough.

Doesn't make yesterday any less of a gut punch for England fans though.

Some excellent posts on this thread.

Root bowling at the death is a very left-field idea Ricey. If that happened would you have supported it? Really? And if Willey is saved until the end, who is to say Windies enter the final over 6 down and needing 19? I don't think England could have done anything more to defend a sub-par score yesterday, other than wish Brathwaite mi**** one straight up.

Some excellent posts on this thread.

Root bowling at the death is a very left-field idea Ricey. If that happened would you have supported it? Really? And if Willey is saved until the end, who is to say Windies enter the final over 6 down and needing 19? I don't think England could have done anything more to defend a sub-par score yesterday, other than wish Brathwaite mi**** one straight up.

Let's be honest when I put that post up I was angry and upset that we had lost. You have all made excellent points and hindsight is a wonderful thing, any one of the bowlers I suggested could have come in with the same result. Braithwaite had an excellent final over and we lost.

Let's be honest when I put that post up I was angry and upset that we had lost. You have all made excellent points and hindsight is a wonderful thing, any one of the bowlers I suggested could have come in with the same result. Braithwaite had an excellent final over and we lost.

Is this the first time in SZ history that someone has made an outlandish statement and then come back and said, yeah actually that was a bit silly?!

Fair play.:thumbsup:

Is this the first time in SZ history that someone has made an outlandish statement and then come back and said, yeah actually that was a bit silly?!

Fair play.:thumbsup:

I don't think it is, but it is very rare. Either way, agreed, fair play Ricey...

Now tell me, how's your knee after that reaction? Has it settled down yet?

:winking:

Back