• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The kid is overrated. He will get pushed off the ball at higher levels. He isn't going to be the next Messi - just a lower league Messi. He has a lot to learn about distribution, off the ball and picking the best options. He will improve. He will be a solid Champ player. But, nothing more than that. Just bring back Kightly and everything will be okay.

Solid Champioship player.

Nuff said.

The kid is overrated. He will get pushed off the ball at higher levels. He isn't going to be the next Messi - just a lower league Messi. He has a lot to learn about distribution, off the ball and picking the best options. He will improve. He will be a solid Champ player. But, nothing more than that. Just bring back Kightly and everything will be okay.

I think we know that.

Maybe you should look back on my posts mate & see that I posted Prosser was gone 3 days before the club announced he'd gone to Northampton.......my info is rock solid.....before you start saying I'm talking ++++
I dont think anybody doubts your inside knowledge, and its quite entertaining, but mate you could be a fraction humble at times. You come across as billy big boots, and it tends to wind posters up at times.

I aint on here to argue mate, I had a 20 minute conversation yesterday with a man who I'm not willing to name for obvious reasons......its only what I'm told.....& I hope to god most of it doesn't come true cos its a relegation battle if replacements aren't brought in of similar quality, which is very very doubtful on Rons budget....

I am not going to ask your source, I think you are already puting your reputation on the line by broadcasting what you have. What does intruige me is the passage I've highlighted above. I presume you're inferring that there is more to come. So, in for a penny, in for a pound, why not inform us of the rest of the bad news which may come to pass?

Bottom line is that we are a selling club always have been and always will be (unless we get a rich benefactor).

Accordingly the chances of us being able to retain good young high quality players looking to forward and elevate their careers will be low - use Crewe as another example.

Those with the ability (or belief in their ability) to play at a higher level have a duty to themselves to seek out clubs at a higher level and higher wage as it is doubtful that they will reach that level or wage by staying at Southend no matter how distasteful that notion is to us supporters.

Whether the decisions taken by those players will prove to be a wise one (i.e. Hooper) or a bad one (i.e. Ferdinand) only time will tell - but at least they won't be wondering whether they could have achieved more than by staying at Southend.

Personally I am very disappointed that I won't have got to see Payne play in a Blues shirt and will have only seen Bentley a few times but wish them well in their future careers.

I am not going to ask your source, I think you are already puting your reputation on the line by broadcasting what you have. What does intruige me is the passage I've highlighted above. I presume you're inferring that there is more to come. So, in for a penny, in for a pound, why not inform us of the rest of the bad news which may come to pass?

the club are willing to sell our best players......& i don't think it will take much money for them to depart.

I dont think anybody doubts your inside knowledge, and its quite entertaining, but mate you could be a fraction humble at times. You come across as billy big boots, and it tends to wind posters up at times.

My original posts are humble, what winds up me is posters calling me a liar & asking to name my source or I'm talking ****.....then i wind them up

What i was told is all on the playing side.......the club are willing to sell our best players......& i don't think it will take much money for them to depart.

I am sure that you are correct, but would have thought that we've always been willing to sell our best players - we don't really have much choice.

Not all of them are, Browns got a massive rebuilding job on his hands just to keep us in League 1.......i would expect quite a few loanees

We've only got 2 decent players who aren't out of contract. tbh wouldn't be surprised if you were chatting complete bollocks. If you did have such a good source to know the ins and out of Worralls Millwall contract pretty sure they wouldn't want you spouting it all day on the fans forum but time will tell.

We've only got 2 decent players who aren't out of contract. tbh wouldn't be surprised if you were chatting complete bollocks. If you did have such a good source to know the ins and out of Worralls Millwall contract pretty sure they wouldn't want you spouting it all day on the fans forum but time will tell.

That's from someone at Millwall who told me Worralls coming in to them......

That's from someone at Millwall who told me Worralls coming in to them......

You must be like a football agent then all these sources. 3-year deal for a bloke who couldn't hold down a spot in an average L1 side, released from a lowly Championship side club previously to play for a team potentially in Championship next year. Unlikely.

If you post insider knowledge on a public forum without naming your source, you have to be prepared for people to question it. You can't really win, until you are proven right in the end.

Personally I would never post insider info on a message board for exactly these reasons, I just tend to confide with my SUFC-supporting mates, but that's just my choice. I obviously encourage others to do it as it makes for interesting reading!

You must be like a football agent then all these sources. 3-year deal for a bloke who couldn't hold down a spot in an average L1 side, released from a lowly Championship side club previously to play for a team potentially in Championship next year. Unlikely.

I wish i was on agents money, i just know someone at Millwall & someone connected to blues, that's all, it just so happens the 2 clubs cross on this occasion, i was told we are getting Worrall in a text, cos they know i think he's a good player, so they thought they were winding me up & when i called them back they told me what they'd heard......it may be complete bull......but, they have no reason to lie really & haven't in the past.

What i was told is all on the playing side.......the club are willing to sell our best players......& i don't think it will take much money for them to depart.

With respect that doesn't take us very much further. Following the departure of Bentley, Payne and Worrall there isn't that much to left sell and I can well believe it won't take much money.........there's hardly going to be that much offered! :smile: The only two exceptions I can think of, off the top of my head, are Coker and Leonard (after this season I'm no longer sure about Timlin)........if you were to say that either of those were going to leave (especially the latter), then I and I'm sure, others, would start to twitch.

Back