• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clement Freud - another to add to the paedophile list?

I have a slightly different perspective on this which is more long term. I'd like to think that the more these people are exposed in the media the more chance there is of the abused feeling braver to step forward. The one danger as they found with rape is that the stigma on the totally innocent is sometimes incredibly hard to shake off. Pedophilia is abhorrent but you also have the added dynamic of immaturity and false accusation. Apologies for the over generalisation and simplification. I'm on a ciggie break with a call in 1 minute

I have a slightly different perspective on this which is more long term. I'd like to think that the more these people are exposed in the media the more chance there is of the abused feeling braver to step forward. The one danger as they found with rape is that the stigma on the totally innocent is sometimes incredibly hard to shake off. Pedophilia is abhorrent but you also have the added dynamic of immaturity and false accusation. Apologies for the over generalisation and simplification. I'm on a ciggie break with a call in 1 minute

No, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Like rape, a lot of those affected probably think they "brought it on themselves" or they "deserved it" which is of course, absolute rubbish.

All the money and time that has been wasted on trying to make him out to be one! :facepalm:

It doesn't prove his guilt or his innocence, it just means the CPS couldn't get enough evidence or reliable witnesses. He will always be linked to this sort of thing because of men now coming forward with their allegations, and because of his friendship with Ronnie Kray and Lord Boothby, 2 serious boy abusers. Also, he was a visitor(Some say frequent) to the Elm Guest House in Barnes, a notorious boy brothel, where other celebrities and politicians used to frequent. This is where some of the abuse is meant to have taken place, as some boys were lured to the house from the Grafton childrens home only to be groomed, abused or raped.

In gods country of Israel they stick palestinians who die in prison in an unmarked numbered grave til the prison term is completed then dig them up and release them to the next of kin.
Great idea and should be used here,put savile and clement and any other then dig them up and put them in an unmarked grave for the jail term

In gods country of Israel they stick palestinians who die in prison in an unmarked numbered grave til the prison term is completed then dig them up and release them to the next of kin.
Great idea and should be used here,put savile and clement and any other then dig them up and put them in an unmarked grave for the jail term

There's plenty of murderers hanged in prison in unmarked graves within prison yards in the UK. There's a few others who should have joined them in, in my opinion.

Back