• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about those jailed on the jumped up charge of conspiracy or the other one on habouring, are they pond scum as well? Is everyone who lives less moral life than you relegated to that level that you feel the need to insult with such malace.

Pond life comes in different forms it seems.

Hands up those who've not beaten someone to a pulp? Yes, feel free to join me on the moral high ground.

Hands up those who've not beaten someone to a pulp? Yes, feel free to join me on the moral high ground.

I thought you would prefer to put a bullet in their head....Or so you have claimed on other threads.

Of course the pre-meditated actions of the Cambridge thugs before the game means they should take some of the blame for what happened to Simon Dobbin. Why? Because those repulsive violent Cambridge thugs knew they had upped the hate towards Cambridge fans when they did what that they did. They knew that most football clubs have a dark clique of so called supporters and they knew what might happen. Those who did what they did to Simon Dobbin are sub human, as are those Cambridge who caused trouble before the game. Do not seperate evil from evil.

Everything else is just context and bringing it up just gives off the impression - whether it is the view of the individual or not - that what happened to Simon Dobbin was the direct fault of anyone other than the individual or individuals who beat him into a coma.

Well for starters the CPS have sentenced four people to jail terms who were not directly involved with the actual physical attack on Simon Dobbin and were not proved to be so.

This is the whole point. Everyone has no issue with people being sent to prison for that actual physical attack. No-one on here has said that, but there's a huge grey area with some of these convictions and sentences for the people on the periphery and the point most are making is that if people are to serve lengthy terms, then the net should have been cast wider and maybe still should or that those convicted of 'conspiracy' should not have been so.

Now that you have changed your tune can we get back to the discussion. Then the rest of us can read what the likes of BenfleetA1 has to say without your snidey self aggrandising comments.

How have I changed my tune? Point to exactly the moment I defended the 12 to the moment I condemned them for leaving a man in a coma with brain damage - and as for "snidey, self aggrandising"....that's rich coming from the master of it.

If the defence team of those convicted really believed that the events earlier were suitable evidence to be presented in their defence, then they would have offered it as mitigating evidence. Any previous event would be seen as separate offences. Those charges can still be brought if ther CPS thinks there is a case to answer that they can get a result. This case was about one event, and one event only...the barbaric attack on Simon Dobbins. The convicted decided (or were advised) not to defend the case to the full by giving evidence hoping that this would raise sufficient doubt...it didn't work....thankfully.

I'll raise that hand for four of them. Now wipe the spit from your mouth and answer the question. Are those serving sentences on the jumped up charge of conspiracy lumped in with the others who you so delightfully refered to as pond scum.

It seems pretty certain now judged by this intense, valid and necessary debate that three or four thugs did the awful deed and the others were bystanders. But did these bystanders cheer and egg on the thugs? Did these bystanders enjoy the spectacle? Did these bystanders make any attempt to help Simon Dobbin?
I posit the bystanders are in fear of the thugs, wouldn't testify against them, gambled and lost. Or am I wrong?

I'll raise that hand for four of them. Now wipe the spit from your mouth and answer the question. Are those serving sentences on the jumped up charge of conspiracy lumped in with the others who you so delightfully refered to as pond scum.

You have only their word for the fact they weren't involved. Unless you were with them, or saw the the attack yourself? If this was the case why didn't speak up on their behalf? In fact why did those you suggest are innocent not speak up in their defence? If I was accused of a henious crime I'd speak, shout and do anything I can to prove my innocence. Or have they been frightened into silence by those who did the crime?

If you want to read my original post, I called the Cambridge fans who caused the original aggro pond scum but you carry on twisting my words to fit your agenda.

You have only their word for the fact they weren't involved. Unless you were with them, or saw the the attack yourself? If this was the case why didn't speak up on their behalf? In fact why did those you suggest are innocent not speak up in their defence? If I was accused of a henious crime I'd speak, shout and do anything I can to prove my innocence. Or have they been frightened into silence by those who did the crime?

If you want to read my original post, I called the Cambridge fans who caused the original aggro pond scum but you carry on twisting my words to fit your agenda.

But that's the point MK , they aren't, they are being damned by association to a heinous crime , their actual charge is exactly what should/could have been brought on several occasions through out the day.

No one has been found guilty of a heinous crime, an unsavoury one some may say but remember they were found guilty of Conspiracy to commit violent disorder or Violent disorder , Not GBH or assault

Well for starters the CPS have sentenced four people to jail terms who were not directly involved with the actual physical attack on Simon Dobbin and were not proved to be so.

This is the whole point. Everyone has no issue with people being sent to prison for that actual physical attack. No-one on here has said that, but there's a huge grey area with some of these convictions and sentences for the people on the periphery and the point most are making is that if people are to serve lengthy terms, then the net should have been cast wider and maybe still should or that those convicted of 'conspiracy' should not have been so.

If those convicted of conspiracy charges were part of the group that rushed out of the pub then yes they deserve to be convicted. I do not know how many people were in Simon Dobbin's group but it is entirely possible that without the supporting numbers the 3 or 4 who actually committed the assault may not have acted on their own, or Simon and his group would have been able to getaway.

In a perfect world the actual perpetrators would have got a far bigger sentence and some of the others maybe less. Then again in a perfect world no one would feel the need to beat another man senseless simply for supporting another football team.

If those convicted of conspiracy charges were part of the group that rushed out of the pub then yes they deserve to be convicted.

On the basis that they came out of a pub to see what was happening? The same thing Simon Dobbin & his friends did, when the old bill were struggling to contain the Cambridge mob outside the Spread, after the game?

On that basis, there would/should be a lot of people banged up, due to having been intrigued & nosey towards any & every altercation/disturbance that took place this past Friday/Saturday night, in pubs & clubs up and down the country.

I do not know how many people were in Simon Dobbin's group but it is entirely possible that without the supporting numbers the 3 or 4 who actually committed the assault may not have acted on their own, or Simon and his group would have been able to getaway.

Conjecture & speculation. It is entirely possible the same outcome could have occurred if only one person ran out of the pub.

In a perfect world the actual perpetrators would have got a far bigger sentence and some of the others maybe less. Then again in a perfect world no one would feel the need to beat another man senseless simply for supporting another football team.

Youre spot on here

Read my original posts, I'm one of the few who hasn't said anything on the events leading up to the evening.

Yes, the one who I have been supporting told me he wasn't involved in the attack and I believe him. And it's been done to death as to why he didn't speak up and as I have continuely said, there was no conspiracy in the first place.

So for the third time, are you calling those not guilty of violent disorder pond scum as well?

So for the third time, are you calling those not guilty of violent disorder pond scum as well?

And for the third time I called the violent Cambridge fans pond scum if you check my original post. I will not be bullied into retracting a comment that I never made by you, Rigsby or anyone else with an axe to grind over this whole sorry mess.

And for the third time I called the violent Cambridge fans pond scum if you check my original post. I will not be bullied into retracting a comment that I never made by you, Rigsby or anyone else with an axe to grind over this whole sorry mess.

I know you wanted this thread closed but its not about you. Save this nonsense for your political posts.

When have I asked anyone to retract a comment on here? If you don't want people to reply don't point fingers at them or insinuate how morally superior you are.

So do you think the police should have tried to identify the mob from Cambridge and prosecute them ? Regardless of the Dobbin trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back