• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just pointing out a fact, sorry if that doesn't suit your well worn point.
Just pointing out a pointless fact. The average age of the signings may be 27 but only because it is brought down by Ba,Hendrie and Kiernan, what an impact they’ve all made!

Just pointing out a pointless fact. The average age of the signings may be 27 but only because it is brought down by Ba,Hendrie and Kiernan, what an impact they’ve all made!

The age statistic also related to those that played more regularly. We managed 31 years the oldest in the league, perhaps our next signing can push it up to 32 or 33?

The reason we went up the league was because we stopped playing the miserable one up front tactics as Adam requested.

A thousand, million times this!

Obviously it won’t be wide knowledge, and I’m sure PB won’t have told his chums that post on here on his behalf, but things got so bad and Phil Brown so clueless as to what to do at one stage that he held extensive meetings with Adam Barrett to ask his advice on what to do and, to a lesser extent, asked the players “how do you want us to play?”.

Once he took the advice on board and the results started to change (he admitted to a big change in philosophy himself in the media), he ditched Barrett and took the plaudits for himself.

I asked for a statement and can't complain just because I don't like what it suggests. If PB is to continue I hope he humbly and sincerely apologises to the fans and changes his tactical nonsense.

What the hell has Phil Brown got to apologise for Lol.Is it for getting us promoted from league 2 which was no mean feat and improving our league position every season he has been here.Seriously what planet are you ON.Most managers go through a bad patch when at a club a long time. I think Phil deservers a shot at getting us out of this bad run as there is still time for him to turn it around..[/QUOTE]

It’s obviously true he got us promoted from Lge 2 but only by the lottery of a penalty shoot out. It could very easily be Wycombe in Lge 1 and us still in 2. Phil was a defender and his emphasis has been on ‘clean sheet mentality’ but we have one of the worst goal differences in the four divisions. Our forwards have been ineffective and bar a few matches, performances have been poor. I admire your optimism but can’t see how Brown can suddenly turn us into a free scoring and tight defensive unit. Our players are not bad players so something is very wrong.

Obviously it won’t be wide knowledge, and I’m sure PB won’t have told his chums that post on here on his behalf, but things got so bad and Phil Brown so clueless as to what to do at one stage that he held extensive meetings with Adam Barrett to ask his advice on what to do and, to a lesser extent, asked the players “how do you want us to play?”.

Once he took the advice on board and the results started to change (he admitted to a big change in philosophy himself in the media), he ditched Barrett and took the plaudits for himself.

and you know this as an accurate, unbiased, independent portrayal of events because ...... hope it is a more plausible source than the one that told you that PB goes to the time and trouble of asking his chums to defend him on SZ :nope: #conspiracytheorists

and you know this as an accurate, unbiased, independent portrayal of events because ...... hope it is a more plausible source than the one that told you that PB goes to the time and trouble of asking his chums to defend him on SZ :nope: #conspiracytheorists

Are you suggesting that the precise correlation between the information he communicated and the facts insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated is such as to cause epistemological problems of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear?

There doesn’t have to be a “because”. I just know what I know. Thanks for your time though.

Seriously what are you on Phil Brown Clueless this is a guy who has been in pro football all his adult life as a player coach and manager this guy is so clueless he has racked up around a thousand games as a manager so clueless he got us to a Wembley finale and promotion so clueless we only missed out on the play offs by one point last season.Brown doesn't strike me as a weak character who would ask players how to play I think for some reason you have a real dislike for Brown and an agenda that has nothing to do with football.

I honestly don't buy the one upfront argument.

We won 3-0 at Sheffield United playing two upfront at the start of that season, so it was the system of choice to play 4-4-2. We would have continued playing this had Nile not got injured.

The reason we went to one upfront was to play three centre-halves after losing a couple of games heavily away from home.

It didn't work at Rochdale, so he reverted to 4-4-2 and things improved from there.

How much was in this transfer kitty?

Less than if he'd signed a single player who'd realised any transfer value during his 5 years.

Less than if he'd managed a cup run in the FA Cup (where we've lost the last 4, including twice by teams bottom of a division below us) or League Cup (played 5, lost 5!).

Less than if he hadn't spaffed the wages on high profile has beens.

Less than if he'd signed a single player who'd realised any transfer value during his 5 years.

Less than if he'd managed a cup run in the FA Cup (where we've lost the last 4, including twice by teams bottom of a division below us) or League Cup (played 5, lost 5!).

Less than if he hadn't spaffed the wages on high profile has beens.

Do you mean 'signed' or 'sold'? Because until they're sold, of course the budget will be smaller

Looks like he only met with Brown and the back room staff and not the players.

“The meeting also focused on the level of injuries, including Rob Kiernan, which has had an impact on our anticipated success.
“But we are motivated to change our form and I am confident we will.:winking:

I'd not heard that - didn't he start a game in August though as a holding midfielder? If so I'm not sure 'chronic' would have been a particularly accurate description of any pre-season niggle he might have had. 'Chronic' to most people I think conjures up visions of someone bring properly laid up with little hope of respite/cure.

Chronic just means long term. Often it's used to refer to an incurable condition (as opposed to something acute) but in this instance it's perfectly fair to call a long term knee issue chronic. It hampered him at Rangers and flared up again during pre-season with us with a final decision to operate.

If the decision was to try and manage it conservatively and that didn't work which lead to operating then fine, but seems an expensive and risky decision to make and then be using it as an excuse

Seriously what are you on Phil Brown Clueless this is a guy who has been in pro football all his adult life as a player coach and manager this guy is so clueless he has racked up around a thousand games as a manager so clueless he got us to a Wembley finale and promotion so clueless we only missed out on the play offs by one point last season.Brown doesn't strike me as a weak character who would ask players how to play I think for some reason you have a real dislike for Brown and an agenda that has nothing to do with football.

And I think you’re delusional, but you know, opinions.

Chronic just means long term. Often it's used to refer to an incurable condition (as opposed to something acute) but in this instance it's perfectly fair to call a long term knee issue chronic. It hampered him at Rangers and flared up again during pre-season with us with a final decision to operate.

If the decision was to try and manage it conservatively and that didn't work which lead to operating then fine, but seems an expensive and risky decision to make and then be using it as an excuse

Can you conduct the medicals for prospective signings as you seem to know a bit about medicals and stuff ?

Back