• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry to hear that Rob, always enjoyed our exchanges. Give Chicken a hug from madam and me. If this is to be the swan song lets go for the spectacular. COYBB

Thanks, irenbird. Let's hope there's a little surprise in store tomorrow. Of a good kind, of course.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's awful to lose a pet but in the end letting them go without pain is the final kindness we can do for them. Please take a hug from me if you feel like you need it.

I hope Chicken has a good comfy bit of being pampered.

And come on you Blues - win this one for the kitty! Give him a good send off!

Thanks, Cultist. Your hug was very much appreciated.

Very much agree with you about the need to let them go without any more pain.

Tomorrow beckons and I will be with Chick on the sofa at the crucial 4.25pm time when he worked his magic last season.

I think that he was disaffected with how things were going, Spaceman. I fear that he felt I'd usurped him in the lucky talisman role what with my 100% record this season. Anyway, this thread isn't about me, of course, but I'd be delighted if he could still play a part in a more positive ending to the season than what we were fearing just over 2 weeks ago.

He will ‘Rob’, you mark my words. If he does pass then he’ll be moving into the Zone Hall Of Fame forum, I’ll move him there myself. Chicken has much to be thankful for and much to be proud of in his role as Talisman for the team we all love.

Sorry to hear that, Rob. :sad:

Chicken became a folk hero last season and no match was complete without an update from yourgoodself on Chicken's views on the upcoming match and his uncanny knack of cheering us on to victory from the sofa.

As others have said, nothing but a win tomorrow will be what's required, in honour.

Best wishes,

Andy

Thanks, Andy - we enjoyed those magic moments for a brief spell last season and here's hoping that there's another bit of gold up his ginger sleeve tomorrow. Hope you have a cracking day at the Hall tomorrow.

CPB&WA!

Sad news Rob. Whatever the result Saturday I hope his twilight time is comfortable and he's not in pain. Of course, it would please me greatly, and probably you and Chick, if we really stick it to those Northern Monkeys as well.

Thanks, RHB. I think we'd be like cats over the moon (rather than just the roof) if we could get a result like that tomorrow. Our pier is real though.

Hi Rob, so sorry to hear the news about dear Chicken, as others have said, I've really enjoyed Chick's take on things and hearing of his match day exploits. Please give him a big hug & cuddle from me.
Make sure he is sitting comfortably - in the place of Chick's choice, of course tomorrow afternoon, to listen to the Blues and here's hoping he can help us pull one more Chicken surprise out of the hat! xx COYB!! love to Chicken xx

Hi Rob, so sorry to hear the news about dear Chicken, as others have said, I've really enjoyed Chick's take on things and hearing of his match day exploits. Please give him a big hug & cuddle from me.
Make sure he is sitting comfortably - in the place of Chick's choice, of course tomorrow afternoon, to listen to the Blues and here's hoping he can help us pull one more Chicken surprise out of the hat! xx COYB!! love to Chicken xx

Hi Roxy - thanks for this. I think the ShrimperZone love is having a galvanising effect on the old trouper. He's been full of beans this morning. Mrs Nox brought him up to see me whilst I was laying in this morning - it's a Saturday thing - and he was giving it large, with his 'chirruping' and affectionate head butts. He's resting now though ... in readiness for the game. If there's a crucial goal for us in about the 68th minute, you know whose name is written all over it. xx

Yeah hah get in there Mr Turner.

Sorry got carried away when we scored and didn’t realise what post I was reading, though I’m Sure Chicken had something to do with it.

Yeah hah get in there Mr Turner.

Sorry got carried away when we scored and didn’t realise what post I was reading, though I’m Sure Chicken had something to do with it.

He's been on the sofa all game until a few minutes ago when they scored. He's back on it now, thankfully.

Back