• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I won't be able to supervise the old boy's support regime today as I'm at the Hall myself, fantastically. However, I hope that he can get his act together when we need him and I'll be alerting Mrs Noxious to plonk him in front of the telly if so. Here's a recent pic of the cat known as Chicken who is also a Shrimper.
Chicky Ball.jpg

I won't be able to supervise the old boy's support regime today as I'm at the Hall myself, fantastically. However, I hope that he can get his act together when we need him and I'll be alerting Mrs Noxious to plonk him in front of the telly if so. Here's a recent pic of the cat known as Chicken who is also a Shrimper.
View attachment 4862

I'm sure Chicken can do the business for us this season Rob,have a safe trip back to the Hall(Home). UTB.:loyalsupporter:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait till you see the carpet.

Phew - lucky we got that up at the end of last season and Mrs Nox won't let him near the waxed floorboards. :smile:

Hey - maybe the carpet being bagged has changed the karma for the season. There's definitely less 'Eau de Chick' in the air.

It is with a heavy heart (no pun intended) that I have to tell you the game against Wigan could be Chicken's last match in support of our lads.

The old boy was diagnosed with heart failure yesterday and thanks to boosters, steroid and anti-biotics, has got a few more comfortable days with us. He's on the sofa and he'll be on it again tomorrow during the game. He was really chuffed to hear that Spaceman Spiff was asking after him at The Spread recently. Well, I think he said "chuffed" anyway.

Very sorry to hear that Rob Noxious :sad: best wishes to you and Chicken.

Let’s hope that lads make him proud so he can be comforted by knowing things are in good hands. He’s probably been holding on until he felt a play off surge was truly under way. One more win for Chicken on Saturday please Blues!

Sorry to hear that Rob, always enjoyed our exchanges. Give Chicken a hug from madam and me. If this is to be the swan song lets go for the spectacular. COYBB

Sad news Rob. Whatever the result Saturday I hope his twilight time is comfortable and he's not in pain. Of course, it would please me greatly, and probably you and Chick, if we really stick it to those Northern Monkeys as well.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. It's awful to lose a pet but in the end letting them go without pain is the final kindness we can do for them. Please take a hug from me if you feel like you need it.

I hope Chicken has a good comfy bit of being pampered.

And come on you Blues - win this one for the kitty! Give him a good send off!

Sorry to hear that, Rob. :sad:

Chicken became a folk hero last season and no match was complete without an update from yourgoodself on Chicken's views on the upcoming match and his uncanny knack of cheering us on to victory from the sofa.

As others have said, nothing but a win tomorrow will be what's required, in honour.

Best wishes,

Andy

Thanks, gang. The old boy's had a great day. He scrambled up onto the roof this morning just like he did up until a week or so ago. He more or less told me to FO upstairs and let him in through the bathroom window so he could drink water from the sink tap up there. He went out via the bathroom window, skated down the roof and found his way back to his sofa where he's rested for most of the day except to emerge for a few treats now and then. I think he's saving himself for the big one tomorrow. I swear he told me that he wants these Wigan charlatans to know what a town with a real FO pier is like.

Very sorry to hear that Rob Noxious :sad: best wishes to you and Chicken.

Let’s hope that lads make him proud so he can be comforted by knowing things are in good hands. He’s probably been holding on until he felt a play off surge was truly under way. One more win for Chicken on Saturday please Blues!

I think that he was disaffected with how things were going, Spaceman. I fear that he felt I'd usurped him in the lucky talisman role what with my 100% record this season. Anyway, this thread isn't about me, of course, but I'd be delighted if he could still play a part in a more positive ending to the season than what we were fearing just over 2 weeks ago.

Back