• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unless there are covers on how is the pitch not going to be frozen?

Ah, I've seen this one before !!! apparently the snow acts as a insulator and sweeping the snow off too early is the last thing you want to do. Having said that, I have no clue what I'm talking about but judging by the state of our pitch, nor does the bloke paid to look after it...

NB: just had a quick google - snow is apparently a excellent insulator.

For what it's worth I don't see the game going ahead - surrounding streets will be untreated and treacherous to walk on - that has to be taken into consideration.

After our disappointment surrounding Rochdale and Oldham, I hope everyone sees sense and calls this off today. The car park yesterday was in a poor state, and even if they grit a pathway through, there are still far too many elderly supporters amongst our numbers who will find it difficult.

After our disappointment surrounding Rochdale and Oldham, I hope everyone sees sense and calls this off today. The car park yesterday was in a poor state, and even if they grit a pathway through, there are still far too many elderly supporters amongst our numbers who will find it difficult.

Agreed but Brian Horton and Bob Shaw both got sacked.

If it gets called off tomorrow play it on Sunday - let the Walsall team and their fan sleep overnight in the Shrimpers Bar and Ron can fund them an all-you-can-eat batter splurge in the Fish House just to set them up nicely.

Three points in the bag.

Out of interest who's call is it to postpone a game a few days in advance in these condtions. Do the club have to call in a referee to declare the pitch unplayable, or do the club just notify the EFL that conditions are too bad to play a match.

I think that the Local Authority can get involved - e.g. withdraw the safety certificate if they deem access to the ground not to be safe and I'm sure that the police would have a say if they thought hundreds of cars turning up with no where to park would be a problem.

There's another 10 hours of snow forecast today and public transport is still a mess. Even if the game is on I'm not sure that I would want to travel for three hours in these conditions. I hope that the club would be sympathetic to refunds if people can't make it.

Oh FFS everyone, what is it with this namby pamby health and safety rubbish.

According to my BBC forecast we might get a little dusting of snow on Friday evening (50% chance)

The temperature on Saturday is 3 degrees, and any snow on paths/roads/carparks will be almost 4 days old and on the way out. Its also March, and the sunset wont be until well after the game has finished, so getting away from the ground will be OK.

Lets all sit at home in out little cotton wool bubbles just in case someone might might slip over.

The club have some sense in waiting until Saturday morning now to clear the pitch due to the expected flurry on Friday night.

Unless the forecast changes, there should be nothing to stop this game going ahead. (assuming the pitch is OK under the covers)

Sod the fans!

We already have 6 games in April. 7 Games in 30 days is just impossible.

Don't let our little soldiers get over tired.

We already have 6 games in April. 7 Games in 30 days is just impossible.

By then, we can rotate our squad, as we'll be safe and planning for next season.

Anyway, that equates to a game every 4 or 5 days.

We used to play 3 games in 4 days over Easter, back in the day. On muddy pitches and with smaller squads, dieting on booze and fags!

It's a cakewalk these days.

By then, we can rotate our squad, as we'll be safe and planning for next season.

We used to play 3 games in 4 days over Easter, back in the day. On muddy pitches and with smaller squads, dieting on booze and fags!

We played on consecutive days Easter 1973. Port Vale and Chesterfield and scored 5 in both games:thumbsup::Worthy:

Yes but in their day no schools shut, trains and buses all ran like clockwork and they used to walk eight miles in 10 feet of snow for fun to get to work for 7am and there was never any of this fuss. Sure they will be fine.

Yes but in their day no schools shut, trains and buses all ran like clockwork and they used to walk eight miles in 10 feet of snow for fun to get to work for 7am and there was never any of this fuss. Sure they will be fine.

Luxury. You try telling kids that today and they won't believe you. We used to live in a hole in t' ground wit' tarpaulin over top. :winking:

Luxury. You try telling kids that today and they won't believe you. We used to live in a hole in t' ground wit' tarpaulin over top. :winking:

Isn't the tarpaulin now the roof of your car:hilarious:

At the moment the club intend to play the game. All the staff and volunteers will be in at 08:00. Even the car park will be cleared by a snow plough, so I'm told. I leave you to guess what that means.

Best not plan a long Saturday on the sofa just yet.

At the moment the club intend to play the game. All the staff and volunteers will be in at 08:00. Even the car park will be cleared by a snow plough, so I'm told. I leave you to guess what that means.

I intend to have a fivesome with Little Mix but that doesn't mean it is going to happen, sadly.

How comes I never got a game then?

I have just seen that people are at RH clearing the pitch now.
I thought they were going to do it in the morning

I guess this means that Ron has decided that this game will go ahead - no expense spared just to prove a point to a former groundsman and critical fans.

Whether any one from more than 10 miles away fancies struggling to get to the game, including Walsall fans who it seems will probably have to come down a snowy M1 is irrelevant to him. I wouldn't bank on public transport being reliable in any way particularly if it still snowing tonight.

Back