• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember that proper Charlie, Parker - and his not so saxy (did you see what I did there?) missing the best chance of the night!

I was still queuing to get in the South bank when he missed that. We had got stuck in the traffic as the snow came down and the queues went down to where main reception for the old South east turnstiles that were right up the top of the ground.

I agree with the way the club have handled this so far - special covers hired in early and giving the maximum chance to make the pitch playable. The other consideration will be the onsite approaches (Roots Hall car park and Shakespeare Drive entrance) and you would assume that they have made preparations to make these areas safe as well - no point in doing one without the other.

The only other factor is the surrounding roads etc. and you would also assume that they are in dialogue with whoever makes the call on issues such as this - if not they're spending money to control one factor when something else could get the game called off.

The forecast is for things to warm up overnight and into tomorrow morning. I think there's every chance this might actually go ahead. If not, they've given it a damned good go, and that's good enough for me.

Let's add a little "science" to the discussion.

Just back from the allotment where I have removed some snow to test the ground underneath.

True, the allotment is in a sheltered position ........... and there is a layer of rotting horse manure covering the soil ....... but the ground was not frozen very hard at all. True - the top is crusty but overall I was quite surprised.

I am now beginning to think that it will be the "environs" for the football ground that will be the key consideration.

Sounds like our pitch could have done with that this season.

Ips hite was postponed due to lack of any interest

Strange, they are in 13th place, just as we are, but in the Championship and they have an average home attendance of 17,000 .......... we would rather like that, I think. But no tractors though. :smile:

Shrewsbury's match has been postponed so there's only two remaining now, Scunthorpe and us.......

So, we have left :-

3 x League One
3 x League Two
1 x National League

Can't remember it being this bad for a very long time.

Impossible for professional athletes to perform for 21 hours in a month ? Really ?

Slightly harder than normal maybe but impossible? I don't think so.

And there is the use of substitutes and changes in team possible from having a squad of 18+ players. :thumbsup:

It’s ok to have the game going ahead if the pitch is clear and ok but what about people getting to and from the game. I am sure lots will stay away purely because some of the roads are still not good to drive on and most of the pavements have not been gritted and are like ice rinks.

It’s ok to have the game going ahead if the pitch is clear and ok but what about people getting to and from the game. I am sure lots will stay away purely because some of the roads are still not good to drive on and most of the pavements have not been gritted and are like ice rinks.

Exactly how I see it. The cost to try to put the game on and the resultant low attendance seems like poor business sense to me, quite apart from the added issues of safety and parking.

Just seems like a disaster to even try.

ron Martin dosnt see that side of things, he just sees £££££££££££££££££££s :unsure:

Back