• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That we should try everything in our power to get the game on.

Or avoid a Walsall supporter suffering the fate of our supporters going to Oldham last week - why hasn't there been an inspection/review by a local referee today?

Or avoid a Walsall supporter suffering the fate of our supporters going to Oldham last week - why hasn't there been an inspection/review by a local referee today?

What would it change from a inspection today to one tomorrow first thing in the morning? It’s 2 hours and 51 minutes from their ground to ours. If they inspect at 8am that is plenty of time for them to have not even got out of bed.

Almost every other game is now off, it is chucking it down with snow at the moment, it is below freezing, there is still 2 foot of snow on the pitch that needs to be cleared, the AA thing says 3 hours from Walsall to here, Snow predicted in Walsall......there is a few clues here as to why it might be prudent to make a decision.

It's "Take the Fans for Granted" time.

I imagine everyone at the club has gone home by now and there's no word of what the process is tomorrow for making the decision on whether the game goes ahead or not. So the assumption must be that the club are 100% sure the game will go ahead. If it doesn't and it's called off afterf say 10.30amf there will be an awful lot of goodwill lost. Ok it's not going to be as cold tomorrow but it's still forecast at only 3c and no sun tomorrow morning it's not going to warm up much.

So what do you do if there has been no announcement at all by say 11 am and you need to set off to get to Southend on time? There are a surprising number of supporters who travel a fair distance to support their team. If you don't fancy driving, there are no trains on the Southend Victoria Line tomorrow. C2C looks ok at the moment apart from a few cancellations. On my journey from Kent though there are currently very few trains running and none on time.

If you are coming from Walsall you wouldn't want to leave later than 10am given the road conditions?

The Club must surely say something before 10am tomorrow or is that too much to ask for? When's the ref turning up? Someone must have some idea. I'm surprised there hasn't been a poll on when an announcement by the club will be made.

It's "Take the Fans for Granted" time.

I imagine everyone at the club has gone home by now and there's no word of what the process is tomorrow for making the decision on whether the game goes ahead or not. So the assumption must be that the club are 100% sure the game will go ahead. If it doesn't and it's called off afterf say 10.30amf there will be an awful lot of goodwill lost. Ok it's not going to be as cold tomorrow but it's still forecast at only 3c and no sun tomorrow morning it's not going to warm up much.

So what do you do if there has been no announcement at all by say 11 am and you need to set off to get to Southend on time? There are a surprising number of supporters who travel a fair distance to support their team. If you don't fancy driving, there are no trains on the Southend Victoria Line tomorrow. C2C looks ok at the moment apart from a few cancellations. On my journey from Kent though there are currently very few trains running and none on time.

If you are coming from Walsall you wouldn't want to leave later than 10am given the road conditions?

The Club must surely say something before 10am tomorrow or is that too much to ask for? When's the ref turning up? Someone must have some idea. I'm surprised there hasn't been a poll on when an announcement by the club will be made.

Spot on! Anyway we shall see!

What would it change from a inspection today to one tomorrow first thing in the morning? It’s 2 hours and 51 minutes from their ground to ours. If they inspect at 8am that is plenty of time for them to have not even got out of bed.

Those with shovels don't get there till 8 am - and then it will take them time to find the pitch. I don't think any one would get from their ground to ours in 2hrs 51 minutes tomorrow more likely 4hrs 50 minutes -it's still snowing up there and for half the night and wont get above freezing until they get to the M25.

Double standards here.

In one respect, it's commendable that clubs do "everything in their power" to get a game played, but on the other hand, there are matches postponed for ridiculous things like having an Haitian goalkeeper unavailable!

The bottom line is that the safety of supporters is paramount and at this present time, it is unlikely this can be guaranteed unequivocally. There are yellow and have been amber/red warnings advising people not to travel unless it's an emergency, yet we are trying to get a match played that can easily be moved to a later date when there is no threat of postponement.

Hope it goes ahead tomorrow. I recall conditions being a hell of a lot worse against Liverpool in '79 ;) all that was required was to cut away the lines and change the colour of the ball. It aint like the old days. Suspect Ron would love to be one of the only chairman to enjoy the game being on in the league. After all the bad publicity about the state of the pitch this season.

Agreed, but there are yellow warnings in place until at least 11:00am tomorrow.

What a load of rubbish. Just about every game of every team without undersoil heating has been called off. We really are **** poor in this regard. I come from Kent and have now probably got to wait until midday tomorrow until a decision is made.

typical Southend treating their fans like ****, should have been called off today

I popped in this afternoon and the pitch was nearly cleared of snow, SCP was there and reckons the pitch is okay under the covers, the car park was bad, I struggled to get out, the surrounding roads were poor and the boys High School definitely looks like it won’t be open tomorrow for parking. It’s now snowing again in Leigh.

It’s now snowing again in Leigh.

I'm in Leigh, near Thames Drive. Since 3pm we've probably got an inch of fresh snow on the ground, & it's still coming down. Side roads everywhere in area tomorrow will be treacherous, will really be surprised if 'game on'.
Another 24 hrs given the increase in the Temp, and I reckon it would be played.

I just know what's going to happen. Heroic efforts will allow the match to be played. And then we'll go and lose.

There, I've said it. So it won't happen.

Back