• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spoken with one who is well prepared and coming over to C2C at West Ham - it's not THAT difficult.

It's not impossible granted but at short notice it's not straightforward was more my point.

The travelling should be safe for everyone not just those willing to try.

That said football fans will make it one way or another. It's in the blood for many.

Now in Yorkshire I lived on both Silverdale Avenue and Wenham Drive and all the photos and all the talk of the town in this thread has made me well nostalgic (as they say up here)

I also think this is pretty disgraceful

His reply to you, “Well if it was my team I wouldn’t travel”. Our Police Twitter is so much better than this clown running this. He just wanted a day off and has the hump because he has to work now.

I'm very impressed you have been able to get the image from that camera. How do you do that?

Go to this site, (it can take some minutes to load the list of 16 cameras)

http://www.southend.gov.uk/info/200340/travel_information/341/traffic_cameras

Click on link to Cam 13 Junction at East Street looking north along Victoria Avenue

Right click image and save like this.

NlJY6P.jpg

I am mighty impressed that the club and supporters have got the game on. Granted, we haven't had it as bad as a lot of areas but its been bad enough. Cap doffed to all involved.

His reply to you, “Well if it was my team I wouldn’t travel”. Our Police Twitter is so much better than this clown running this. He just wanted a day off and has the hump because he has to work now.

I know, I did reply that he wasn't just implying he was outright saying it, but thought better of it. Shocking.

Walsall is hardly local is it? It's -1C there at the moment. By car it's about 4 hours and more taking the conditions into account. Those coming by train have to rely on at least two train lines working, plus the tube - and the Liverpool Street line is out of action as well.

Come on, guys, it's not been a freak 24-hour storm has it? It's lasted a week and conditions have been worse in the Midlands. I totally understand why their fans are so apprehensive. I'm sure we would be if it was the reverse.

I am concerned about either Kightley or Wordsworth getting any playing time in these conditions. Hopefully we can grind out a result and they won't be needed from the subs bench

Sorry I have no sympathy for Walsall fans in this instance, they have a mature decision to make, and if they are unable to safely travel then DONT! But if they expect our club to back down with the masses when a bit of snow falls....tough. I’m not hearing of Huddersfield fans complaining about their trip to Wembley today, or Rochdale there midweek for that matter, or indeed any other clubs with their games still on today.
I prescribe some “man the f**k up” pills!

I’ve decided not to travel, hopefully the thaw will continue so it’s safe for the majority. The car parking is too big an issue for me. Enjoy the game folks I’m sure the boys will be right up for to pay back those that made it possible to play. UTBs:thumbsup:

Go to this site, (it can take some minutes to load the list of 16 cameras)

http://www.southend.gov.uk/info/200340/travel_information/341/traffic_cameras

Click on link to Cam 13 Junction at East Street looking north along Victoria Avenue

Right click image and save like this.

NlJY6P.jpg

That's great. Thanks.

More spying? :whistling:

Yes, but more discreet this way.:winking:

That is how the other half checks to see when I am coming home, as I stagger out of The Spread. :winking:

Back