• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4 hours plus? Are you going up the M1 before heading down? It's never 4 hours, not even with the weather! I have no sympathy for those whinging. You pays your money, you takes your chances - you make your own decision. Same as those who've managed to get into work all week!!!

It's not about that, though. It's about assessing the risk factor before deciding whether to play or postpone a match.

Football tends to err on the side of caution. Take last week's Oldham postponement for example.

So it's OK to take the risk out of the players and the match itself, but not OK to take the risk out of travelling and so on.

It's different if something isn't able to be postponed to another date, like a concert or work or suchlike, but this can be replayed another time, so because of that, all factors should be taken into consideration. Just not sure they have been. It's only been about getting the match played and nothing else.

What have you been doing all week? It is only 25 pages. :winking:

LOL. Tell yer something. If you miss a couple of days on here, man alive you have some catching up to do. We must post at a rate of 50-60 posts an hour!

Noticed that helpers who assisted to clear the pitch at Carlisle received free match tickets in exchange.

Do we know if those that helped this morning also got the same?

Wel, done to all those that managed to get in early and help with the snow clear up. Personally, I didn’t.
Please everyone I know it is thawing out there now and quite slushy in places but take care walking round the side rounds and safely with parking.
See you all at the game

Noticed that helpers who assisted to clear the pitch at Carlisle received free match tickets in exchange.

Do we know if those that helped this morning also got the same?
Probably all they got was a hot cup of tea

Is kightly fit

My wife thinks he is.:smiles:

Having just donned my long sleeve thermal vest and thermal long johns I feel ready for the fray. Mrs RHB said 'christ you look like Max Wall'. She can be very cruel can Mrs RHB.

So is there a further pitch inspection before ko or is match on?

I don't know is the honest answer but another question is "why would there be another inspection?"

The temperature is above freezing and it is not expected to rain/snow/sleet this afternoon so I'm not sure that there will be any adverse conditions to change the current "game on" situation.

Every word from Chris Powell ahead of Saturday’s game against Walsall.
On the preparations being affected…
“We had a good session on the Monday and then on Tuesday we had a friendly at Millwall which was abandoned 65 minutes, but the players who didn’t play had a good session at the David Lloyd’s Centre.
“We had problems on Thursday but today we’ve been in today (Friday) and the Club have been great. The ground staff and the volunteers have been absolutely first class and they managed to get an area for us to do some work and preparation for tomorrow at the training ground.
“I’ve been over to Roots Hall and on Friday morning it was in pretty good nick which surprised me. I was pleasantly surprised.
“We’re preparing as normal, we’ve gone through our pre-match analysis and preparation of Walsall like we always do.
“The squad will prepare the same way and I’ve now got virtually a fully fit squad as well.
“The players’ application has been first class, it was almost like they wanted to be out in the snow because we want to play the game."

I’ve decided not to travel, hopefully the thaw will continue so it’s safe for the majority. The car parking is too big an issue for me. Enjoy the game folks I’m sure the boys will be right up for to pay back those that made it possible to play. UTBs:thumbsup:

That's a shame because the car park will be fine. I have just come back from Waitrose and no problems in theirs, with plenty of seniors moving around OK.

Hope we get a nice 3 goals for us again. Last time we scored 3 in 4 straight at home?

For those planning to go today and haven't got a ticket yet, I see that the club our selling tickets at the advanced price, not the matchday prices, which is another bonus.

Does Kites risk playing in such conditions? heavy and slippy pitch with very cold temp? to me that reads a high chance of aggravating any slight remains of injury?

Does Kites risk playing in such conditions? Heavy and slippy pitch with very cold temp? To me that reads a high chance of aggravating any slight remains of injury?

I would have him on the bench - gives us so many options to change the game if things are not moving in the right direction.

Back