• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good effort to get the game on

Gillingham not a million miles away directly and they couldn’t get their game on

Walsall is hardly local is it? It's -1C there at the moment. By car it's about 4 hours and more taking the conditions into account. Those coming by train have to rely on at least two train lines working, plus the tube - and the Liverpool Street line is out of action as well.

Come on, guys, it's not been a freak 24-hour storm has it? It's lasted a week and conditions have been worse in the Midlands. I totally understand why their fans are so apprehensive. I'm sure we would be if it was the reverse.

Spot on. Wolves and Villa have called their games off this morning. It's not just about the conditions around here.

Just walked back from the village and it's slippery underfoot. Not unsafe, but not good for people less able than me. Many, as 'wildheart' has already reluctantly done, have decided to give it a miss today, sadly.

I'll be there, though I wasn't sure until an hour ago, but many won't. Some who have already paid for the match.

Kudos to everyone for getting the match on. Hopefully it will be worth the effort.

Clearing Roots Hall pitch of snow in pics.

j49Xd5.jpg

wSJxh8.jpg

sYKhdj.jpg

N9qYIL.jpg

DJbgT0.jpg

H2XWHN.jpg

IBCSA6.jpg

kh8Vgp.jpg

SL0KTf.jpg

sPgDIB.jpg

YzOWKX.jpg

dXKfEd.jpg

Be amusing if they piled up all that snow in front of the away end! :smile::facepalm:

Walsall is hardly local is it? It's -1C there at the moment. By car it's about 4 hours and more taking the conditions into account. Those coming by train have to rely on at least two train lines working, plus the tube - and the Liverpool Street line is out of action as well.

Come on, guys, it's not been a freak 24-hour storm has it? It's lasted a week and conditions have been worse in the Midlands. I totally understand why their fans are so apprehensive. I'm sure we would be if it was the reverse.

Spot on. Wolves and Villa have called their games off this morning. It's not just about the conditions around here.

Just walked back from the village and it's slippery underfoot. Not unsafe, but not good for people less able than me. Many, as 'wildheart' has already reluctantly done, have decided to give it a miss today, sadly.

I'll be there, though I wasn't sure until an hour ago, but many won't. Some who have already paid for the match.

Kudos to everyone for getting the match on. Hopefully it will be worth the effort.

4 hours plus? Are you going up the M1 before heading down? It's never 4 hours, not even with the weather! I have no sympathy for those whinging. You pays your money, you takes your chances - you make your own decision. Same as those who've managed to get into work all week!!!

Well done SUFC and all who have made today’s match possible and shown a lot of clubs what a backbone looks like!

Its the clubs duty to get the game on. Its the officials that decide if its safe. Its for people to make their own minds up if they want to attend.

4 hours plus? Are you going up the M1 before heading down? It's never 4 hours, not even with the weather! I have no sympathy for those whinging. You pays your money, you takes your chances - you make your own decision. Same as those who've managed to get into work all week!!!

I'm not sure its whinging OBL. Some just don't think they can/will make it because of the conditions under foot. We're going by the way (on the bus).

Ref to Ron: the pitch looks terrible, you can't play with that much weather damage
Ron to ref: it's the best it's looked all season!
Ref: game on then

Back