• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

I cannot believe all of these injuries are down to bad luck.
What is going wrong? Poor training regime? Players playing with injuries? Poor preventative physio?

How many more season long injuries can a squad take!

You can't legislate for these... this is just awful luck. Blimey, the broken leg is the least serious!

An Achilles can go at any time, same with cruciates.

Another game, another injury. Demi has got a knee injured according to CP after coming off 14 minutes in.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is unsure of the injury suffered by Jason Demetriou in Tuesday night's 2-0 win against Scunthorpe United.

More...

What a crazy injury situation - thankfully at least Elvis has done well in the last couple of games and is good cover. Whenever anyone goes down injured now there is almost a silence around the ground.

Cox ruled out of Luton game and Dieng is 50/50.

Current injuries = 11
I'm guessing tactically injured for these two. We don't want to risk them for the game that really matters on Saturday.

I'm guessing tactically injured for these two. We don't want to risk them for the game that really matters on Saturday.

Yes that is what SCP has said. Hopefully they will be OK. Not sure what status is with Dru. He defo ain't right at moment

Plus:-

Lewis Gard
Rob Kiernan

+ two others rated 50/50 for tomorrow night game including Timothee Dieng

If neither make it that would make it 12.
With the greatest of respect, I would not include Lewis Gard as he is not part of our first team squad, despite making an appearance at Colchester.

Blues injured XI

Dtl0u72W4AAMP5u.jpg:large

Looks a pretty strong squad...could probably beat our fit XI

The big problem we have is that there are so few players available to choose from now, at a very busy time of the season, that the remaining ones are at far higher risk of injury due to the amount of games they are having to play.

And there must be a fair few who are having to play with knocks etc.

Awful situation, we just need to stay out of the bottom for and start again in June.

Back