• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

For me, our two very exprrienced and creative midfielders in Stephen Mac and Kites are the ones that need to be staking a claim for a regular spot and really performing on a regular basis. That would be a big boost to us, forget about new signings. This squad is still definetly capable of at least playoffs, i see some fans feel like theyve conceded all hope but i'm not having it, there is a very good team in there. Cmon Powell, attack is our best form of defence so lets get out there and be brave.

If possible I would like to add a dash of realism to this "injury crisis". Effectively we have 6 members of our first team squad out injured ( Hopper, Coker, Lennon, Barratt, Smith and Kiernan). I am respectfully not including Gard as I don't believe he is that close to being a first team regular.

Of those 6, 2 have been out since last season and one more has barely kicked a ball for us in anger. That leaves Hopper, Coker and Lennon.
I think that we have enough cover at the back to cater for the latter two, but I accept replacing Hopper is going to be far more difficult. However, he is ONE player, and should not make the difference between play-off contenders and also-rans.

We have nine league games before January when I fully expect CP to make a bid for a replacement striker; in the meantime experiment with options, either moving Dieng up front, utilising McCoulsky or Robinson, or even taking a punt with Wabo, Ba, or Kelman.

For those of you with long memories, on November 21st 1992, we started a home match against Notts County with a front three of Steve Brown (second ever game), Scott Ashenden (second ever game ), and a certain Stanley Victor Collymore (debut). I think we know the rest. Keep the faith.

Described by ex Republic player Andy Keogh, as 'having a first touch like a trampoline' - haven't we already got a striker with that?
Yes,tho Robinson is not as fast as Bolt he’s equally useless.

Very sad to hear that Kiernan has broken down again.It must be sole destroying for him I wonder if he will ever pull on a shirt again.

From Ben Coker

"Here we go then!!! Set up my YouTube page so everyone can follow my journey on my rehab back from my knee injury!! Get subscribing tweeps !! Ben Coker - my journey - ACL & LCL injury"

From Ben Coker

"Here we go then!!! Set up my YouTube page so everyone can follow my journey on my rehab back from my knee injury!! Get subscribing tweeps !! Ben Coker - my journey - ACL & LCL injury"

Yeah, watched that yesterday. You have gotta feel for him, 29 and a serious injury and only 6 months left on his contract it must be a big worry for him. I like Ben, he is not only a great club player, but a genuine (and funny) bloke if you speak to him. sincerely hope the club sticks by him and he fully recovers.

Will be an interesting watch as he goes through his rehabilitation. Big week next week for him though.

I think we should offer him an extension straight away. Makes sense to all parties
Sentiment for me agrees with you, however he WAS offered the extension and turned it down, and Hendie is filling his boots and may become 1st choice. I doubt Ron will be making a quick re_offer to Cokes. Football is a tough business.

He had no intention whatsoever of signing it.

He is in a dodgy situation now. Out of contract at the end of the season and he won't be fully fit, so does he sign a new contract (if offered) or get fit on no pay and hope someone takes the risk he returns to his previous level.

Also will Ron be prepared for another Rob Kiernan situation

Back