• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

What is it with knee ligament injuries at the moment!! Wishing Ben a speedy recovery along with the others

The last 5 matches has seen three cruciate ligament injuries and a fractured leg.

Un-****ing-believable.

ACL used to be a definite career end. Wasn't that an issue with Van Nistelroy before he signed for Man' Utd?

Really hope supporters seriously reevaluate their expectations this season now. We’ll be lucky to get mid table at this rate

Gutted for Coker. He really gets some absolute rotten luck!!!

That could be the last time we see Ben Coker in a Southend shirt. :Frustrated:

I'm currently hugely concerned, what with this major depleted squad.

We have at least another 16 games currently on the calendar to get through until the January window closes (obviously more, if we progress in the CheckaTrade group stage and surprisingly actually get out of the the 1st round of the FA Cup).

Given what we've seen in the last few weeks, i would be hugely surprised if we don't pick up less than another 3 or 4 injuries in the next few months, from playing the same players time after time and on an ever increasing risk of semi frozen pitches.

The Footballing God's, have certainly not been kind to us this season.

All the very best to all the guys out injured - been supporting Blues for over 50 years and never known so many ruled out for so long. Realistically we can probably only hope for mid table now - let's get behind the lads for the rest of the season and just hope we can keep Dru beyond January.

As you said earlier on twitter, It sounds too similar to the way Adam Barrett went out, and never played for us again since.

Or, trying to be positive, it could really help us keep him given that club’s may not be rushing to make big wage offers to a players whose just missed 2/3rds of a season with a knee ligament injury.

I really hope that is the case. He’s been one of our best and most consistent players for the whole time he’s played with us. We’ve been lucky to keep him so long.

SOUTHEND United goalkeeper Ted Smith has spoken of his joy after finally returning from a long term shoulder injury.

More...

Re writing off players with long term career threatening injuries. People said the same about Corr and he came back and was brilliant for us . In fact Corr and Freddy came back from injury in the same game and both came on as subs and both scored ?

Re writing off players with long term career threatening injuries. People said the same about Corr and he came back and was brilliant for us . In fact Corr and Freddy came back from injury in the same game and both came on as subs and both scored ?
With all due respect to the second coming of Fred - he was a shadow of the original incarnation.
This is dreadful news.
Three key players out needs loans in the January transfer window, or Dru's sale to facilitate new faces - and then maybe just to stay in the division.
I'm sorry to take up residence in Pessimist Passage, but where the hell do the goals come from now?

Now Coker’s season is finished, wonder if he’ll be tempted to accept another contract offer, as his runs out this year and he has previously rejected an offer earlier this year

It's the third big injury in the last 3 seasons, I wonder if we'll even offer him one?

I'm not sure I would.

Sunderland fans have managed 7 pages on Ben's injury since Saturday. Mostly it's a sympathy vote although there has also been a 'sub thread' about whether the game was restarted with a throw in or a free kick, and Ben's physique comes in for a bit of opposition 'fun'. The main reason for posting this is I can't think of another club's fans that would devote 7 pages to another team's injured player. Football fans eh?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/southend-lad-who-went-of-injured.1450159/

"... I can't think of another club's fans that would devote 7 pages to another team's injured player. Football fans eh? "

They do have rather a lot to start with!! :Smile:

Sunderland fans have managed 7 pages on Ben's injury since Saturday. Mostly it's a sympathy vote although there has also been a 'sub thread' about whether the game was restarted with a throw in or a free kick, and Ben's physique comes in for a bit of opposition 'fun'. The main reason for posting this is I can't think of another club's fans that would devote 7 pages to another team's injured player. Football fans eh?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/southend-lad-who-went-of-injured.1450159/
Must say the Sunderland fans seems a decent bunch, considering their concern for Ben Coker.

As usual Ben Clarkson gets stick for his ‘build’ as he does every time he runs onto the pitch. Must be used to it by now? Wonder if it ever gets to him though?

Back