• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

Must say the Sunderland fans seems a decent bunch, considering their concern for Ben Coker.

As usual Ben Clarkson gets stick for his ‘build’ as he does every time he runs onto the pitch. Must be used to it by now? Wonder if it ever gets to him though?
What will get to Ben, and I don't care if he reads this, is the heart attack in the future. Sorry to preach, but you can not carry that much timber without consequences.

With all due respect to the second coming of Fred - he was a shadow of the original incarnation.
This is dreadful news.
Three key players out needs loans in the January transfer window, or Dru's sale to facilitate new faces - and then maybe just to stay in the division.
I'm sorry to take up residence in Pessimist Passage, but where the hell do the goals come from now?
Think the saying up the creek without a paddle comes to mind. Till January we have massive problems so it will be giving the youngsters more game time. If we can pick up a few points along the way to January it will be great. Our aim must now be to avoid trying not to get in a relegation scrap. I pray we can still hold onto our Div 1 status by next May !

Must say the Sunderland fans seems a decent bunch, considering their concern for Ben Coker.

As usual Ben Clarkson gets stick for his ‘build’ as he does every time he runs onto the pitch. Must be used to it by now? Wonder if it ever gets to him though?

One thing I've always noticed is that despite his build, whenever I have seen both physios called in to action, Ben always seems to get to our player first.

I dont think our boys will be cowed by the situation and appreciate our skippers comments. Hopefully we will go on and outperform to dedicate a performance or two to Ben, Harry,Rob, Louis,Luke, Sam and Tom !

I think it is important that we all get behind and support the players who are brought into the team in place of the Tom and Ben. OK they may not be the first choice of CP or the supporters but let's give them a chance.

situation is shocking, for sure. But maybe it gives someone else a chance. Got to be realistic - this season is basically a write off as we'd need a miracle to do better than mid table. So let's relax and enjoy the ride. Best thing would be if someone on the fringes or in the youths steps up and makes themselves a proper player, the like of a Hendrie or a Theo or Kyprianou.

And I don't get this obsession with career-ending injuries. Let's see how things turn out. It's not impossible but it's pretty rare these days

Yes, Dru got his chance mainly after Lenny left and look how well that's turned out.

I don’t think it’s gets to him. This is the first season that he hasn’t made a point of returning from the west stand ( even if he is past the halfway line towards the east) via the north bank. In fact I’m sure some times he has slowed down when walking past. ?

Does a great job does Ben, and I know how highly thought of he is by both the players and the management teams he has worked with.

Tom Hopper is the only one that I think hits the team in a way where there is now plan B.
He is the only target man.
Cokes would be a devastating loss- but the ray of optimism is that Hendrie will now get a proper run and at his best is as good as Cokes (we need the £1m player back as Hendrie was)
Lennon? Well yes a great loss- but def better than TM, White, Turner at this point? We don't need one of these getting injured though if we want to play 532
CM- is fine
Upfront well we need to go 433- 3CM pick themselves and three upfront allows the wide players and other strikers to fit around Cox
Guess Wabo or Ba will now be regularly on the bench - and who know if the get a chance..

I can't see why you have such a problem over giving this one particular member of our squad a game? Where's the harm when we're in such a sorry state? He was on for 20 minutes at Northampton, by the way, and I'd like to see him given half an hour against Barnsley. Why does that seem to irritate you so much?
Because it’s completely nonsensical. Can’t get more than than an accumulative 13 minutes against the likes of Bromley, Fylde and Solihull
Moors but is apparently ready to play 30 minutes away at one of the best teams in League 1 even though we have 3 superior strikers because he looked decent for 20 minutes a year ago. I’ll stick with Chris Powell’s judgement (the man who sees him play football 5 days a week not for 20 minutes at Northampton) which is he isn’t even good enough for the bench rather than playing him for the sake of it.

Kyprianou seems a forgotten man thesedays, he is capable of doing a good job at centre back or left back, positions where we are short of cover. Looking at his league career stats we have W7 D4 L5 when he has played so he would not be a weaklink. He bagged a decent goal at Bolton a couple of years back too.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell admits he has never known anything like the Shrimpers’ current injury situation.

More...

Back