• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo

I have it on good authority that he was due to start the match at Rochdale last season, which was called off.

That team was picked by Ricky Duncan and Kevin Maher, from memory.

I think he would have had the opportunities if Harrison and Ladapo hadn't pitched up. Two players we had no interest in retaining come May.

Unfortunately looks like Wabo's time will come to an end this season. Needs to drop down to below Conference South to get games. At the right club he could develop. Hopefully the next batch of u18s will make a better push towards the first team.

I have it on good authority that he was due to start the match at Rochdale last season, which was called off.

That team was picked by Ricky Duncan and Kevin Maher, from memory.

I think he would have had the opportunities if Harrison and Ladapo hadn't pitched up. Two players we had no interest in retaining come May.
Two players whom we’d love to have now!

Got a chance to prove himself tonight as he starts in the Essex Senior Cup.

Came on as a 77th minute sub with Braintree losing 2-1.

It’s really not working out there don’t know why they haven’t changed things and given him a start. They can’t do any worse than they already are.

Came on as a 77th minute sub with Braintree losing 2-1.

It’s really not working out there don’t know why they haven’t changed things and given him a start. They can’t do any worse than they already are.

Bristol probs think the same with McG

It's difficult for Wabo. It appears, of the up and coming youngsters, he is third behind Kelman and Ba. Even the midfielder Hutchinson seems to have more goal threat.
The debate is whether we should blood youngsters and try to get them to improve with first team game time or persist with the senior strikers.
The management see all these players regularly and deem them not ready for league action. the same management see the senior players as the best option.
The youngsters may get a game, not score and the team loses. Hardly different to the current situation. Maybe the seniors will come good. maybe new blood will help in January and maybe the youths could be given more game minutes.
Who would be a manager?

You'll never win anything with kids.

....... er, wait a minute.

Come on, give youth a chance Chris.

There is definitely a reluctance to try our younger strikers.

I don't really know why, when we are so short of anyone in form or fit.

I remember a match a couple of years back when Man Utd were forced to start Rashford, as they had so many injuries. Many of the pre-match pundits said it was a step too far in a big game to try an untried youngster. He scored two goals that day and the rest is history.

I'm not denying that SCP and the other two haven't seen the likes of Wabo and Ba. I'd just question they haven't seen them thrown in for 90 minutes at the best level.

As rab indicates, the other options aren't working anyway. It's not like we're asking for top players in form to step aside.

There is definitely a reluctance to try our younger strikers.

I don't really know why, when we are so short of anyone in form or fit.

I remember a match a couple of years back when Man Utd were forced to start Rashford, as they had so many injuries. Many of the pre-match pundits said it was a step too far in a big game to try an untried youngster. He scored two goals that day and the rest is history.

I'm not denying that SCP and the other two haven't seen the likes of Wabo and Ba. I'd just question they haven't seen them thrown in for 90 minutes at the best level.

As rab indicates, the other options aren't working anyway. It's not like we're asking for top players in form to step aside.

If Wabo and Ba can't produce in the National league I can't see them faring better in L1. Of course it may be that with better players around them they may get chances to score the don't get lower down. I like Ba and think he could do well given a run in the first team but the must be something Powell sees/doesn't see

Wabo and Ba both playing for our U'23's this afternoon against Wimbledon. Wabo seems to be having a good game so far, and got the assist for Hutchinson's goal (we are currently 1-0 up).

Exactly, Dave.

If you're a natural goalscorer and get into positions to shoot, you could be helped by a better service from better players around you.

Granted Powelly sees them more than we do, but what does he therefore see in McCoulsky that we don't generally?

Back