• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo

Do you think non-league supports moan at league clubs scooping all the young talent and then loaning them out to them?

I would think they would have the same perspective as us all other league club supporters.

We need to consider that we have an academy the is producing players right now. It hasn't always. But because of this we encourage, and suggest playing teenagers who maybe aren't ready [Wabo could be an example] because Yearwood was or the player before him. For a non-league club that might have a minimal academy in place, or a football league club that isn't producing players could have a very different outlook.

Some academies I feel are there just because it's part of having a football club and if they get one player, great. If not, never mind.

It's not all about whether Wabo is good enough or not. It's about at least giving the guy a chance. How do we know he won't make it? .. Even Jason Williams had more game time than Norm has had! . and the other night, Charlie Kelman had a run out.

Back in 2004, when we gave Freddy a start, I bet there were a few people questioning why some bloke who West Ham didn't want and was kicking around at Grays was being given a game in an important league match against the league leaders. The rest, as they say, is history.

If Wabo isn’t showing any signs that he’s good enough in CPs eyes, why not give Kelman a try? The lad is 17 and a few days and you could argue that playing Wabo instead is restricting Kelman’s development.

Freddie was scoring goals for fun in the conference. Wabo can’t get into a conference team. There is a big difference there. Wabo needs to demonstrate that he deserves a place in the first team, not just be given one by default. He’s at Braintree, go and knock some goals in there.

Wabo makes his debut and comes on for Braintree Town who are 0-3 down, Wabo has 20 minutes to turn it around.

McCoulksky hasn't got a great scoring record at League level.

Neither have many others given opportunities
McCoulksky hasn't got a great scoring record at League level.

Neither have many others given opportunities

Well maybe, but Mccoulsky was signed by a Championship club and scored 30 goals at various levels in 2016/17 and even he is so far only a bit part player at our level.

I'd like to like McCoulsly, but I just don't.

A goalscorer needs to get in where it hurts and make things happen. He is just a product of over coached positional play nonsense that might work fine when Bristol City U23 play Swansea City U23 on a Tuesday night in front of friends and family.

Braintree were so dire in the second half that Norman had very little chance to influence things. He struggled at first to get a touch but then started to be involved. Had to drop quite deep to do this though. Showed pace, control and no little skill a few times. Was fouled nastily a couple of times showing the defenders were uneasy.
All in all he couldn't do much but looked more skillful than anyone else in a Braintree shirt

Not sure about this particular lone. I think Braintree are a part-time club. This means they probably only train 2-3 time a week for a couple of hours. To get more game time Norman needs to impress in training. Not so many opportunities to do this. Also, as a full-time pro, he needs Lg1 levels of fitness and sharpness. I don't know if he can still do more training with us whilst on loan. Difficult for the young man

Norman continues to train full time with us. He probably does a reduced session on the days Braintree train and then joins them in the evening for their session.

I’d imagine that he will also continue to play for the 23s while on loan as their games programme is very small.

I watched yesterday from when he came on and tbf I felt that he did quite well, but he was stuck out in left midfield which didn’t really make sense to me....but then I don’t have much faith in managers at non league level.....

Came on as a 77th minute sub in Braintree’s 3-1 loss.

82nd minutes sub in Braintree’s 2-2 draw with Sutton.

Yet another pointless loan for the lad.

Well for Wabo's benefit, at least he's getting a more decent run out, then he did at Ebbsfleet & Maidstone combined.. I believe about 40 minutes so far?... I reckon he has another 2 games in him.

Does anyone know when the loan is over?

Iv'e read it's until December 15th?

But that makes no sense to me, if that was the case, his last match would be on the 8th of December which is way to early!...imo,... I can't see a small team like Braintree paying his wages for the next week without a game.

And his next match would be on the 22nd December. .. Which would seem more reasonable to us,.... incase we needed to include him to put him into a boxing day fixture team sheet.

Last edited:
Old Dickie Cricket, who commentated on the Braintree game last night, was saying before the game that Braintree were without two recognised strikers last night, yet Norm still didn't get a start.

Seems a waste of time, to me.

Back