• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo

Does it matter?

Well it depends on whether you’re just stating a fact or trying to make a point!

If you’re trying to make a point then seeing him play in the game will gove you a much better insight as to his abilities instead of seeing a twitter post listing the goalscorers!!!

Read my comments on the 23s v Harlow thread....that may help

Well it depends on whether you’re just stating a fact or trying to make a point!

If you’re trying to make a point then seeing him play in the game will gove you a much better insight as to his abilities instead of seeing a twitter post listing the goalscorers!!!

Read my comments on the 23s v Harlow thread....that may help

I know why you said what you did.

The point I am making is that (call me a part time fan if u like) but I’m not an avid watcher of the u23s, or their scorelines, goalscorers etc. I don’t live in the area anymore, work full-time and quite frankly it’s the reserves.

So someone pointing out to others when/how many players like Wabo have scored on a thread like this is still useful regardless of whether they’ve been at the game or not. You can still be a fan and love our club without entering Roots Hall.

It’s not a case of questioning who is and who isn’t a good or bad fan......It takes all sorts with all levels of commitment and varying levels of enjoyment from it.

I’ve already said on here I’ve not always been a fan...I have a son in the young groups of the academy so I now show more of an interest in the 18/23s than I did.

I just prefer discussion on who should or shouldn’t and who can and who can’t based on seeing them play...and based on that all opinions are valid and have credibility.

It’s not a case of questioning who is and who isn’t a good or bad fan......It takes all sorts with all levels of commitment and varying levels of enjoyment from it.

I’ve already said on here I’ve not always been a fan...I have a son in the young groups of the academy so I now show more of an interest in the 18/23s than I did.

I just prefer discussion on who should or shouldn’t and who can and who can’t based on seeing them play...and based on that all opinions are valid and have credibility.

Fair enough. I totally understand your point and a person’s opinion on a player has more credibility if they’ve seen them play.

I just feel people posting stats on goals scored and games played by players like Norman Wabo still serve a purpose and shouldn’t be shot down on here.

The thing is that ShrimperZone is a broad church and opinions are welcome from all members. We have a very healthy overseas group of exiles from all parts of the world so there will be times when discussion will be limited through not seeing players, but I get your point.

Got a feeling he could be involved on Saturday.

15 is it now in all comps this year- probably will get his chance sooner or later with the games coming up

He can finish

The thing is that ShrimperZone is a broad church and opinions are welcome from all members. We have a very healthy overseas group of exiles from all parts of the world so there will be times when discussion will be limited through not seeing players, but I get your point.

Apart from most overseas supporters now see more football than most U.K. based thanks for iFollow (no matter which way people want to discredit it with people limited to one camera angle)

Apart from most overseas supporters now see more football than most U.K. based thanks for iFollow (no matter which way people want to discredit it with people limited to one camera angle)
Thanks for that @Dubai. You may be right for 1st team games but I'm not aware that you can see the U23s etc through iFollow at the moment, and in Wabo's case that's where a lot of the discussion is based.

As we see the is a noticeable gap between L1 and Prem U23s let alone L1 U23s.
This is why you trust the management team to know where he is regarding L1 appearances.
Jason Williams anyone?

That said we have a striker shortage and hence an opportunity for him to grab will come shortly

Norman Wabo seems to mention God a lot on twitter.

Being sent on loan to Maidstone would test many peoples faith.

As we see the is a noticeable gap between L1 and Prem U23s let alone L1 U23s.
This is why you trust the management team to know where he is regarding L1 appearances.
Jason Williams anyone?

That said we have a striker shortage and hence an opportunity for him to grab will come shortly
Seeing the name of Jason Williams got me wondering where he is.

He is on his 4th club since leaving us 18 months ago , the 8th club he has been at including loans (although he didn't play a game at concord
15 in 32 last season (Bishops Stortford and Kingstonian)
4 in 15 for Whitehawk

Scored Whitehawks 1 in their 9-1 fa cup drubbing by Billericay last month
Subbed on 54 in their 2-3 defeat to Harlow on 27th in which our own Emile Acquah scored the winner

don't you love google .....

Seeing the name of Jason Williams got me wondering where he is.

He is on his 4th club since leaving us 18 months ago , the 8th club he has been at including loans (although he didn't play a game at concord
15 in 32 last season (Bishops Stortford and Kingstonian)
4 in 15 for Whitehawk

Scored Whitehawks 1 in their 9-1 fa cup drubbing by Billericay last month
Subbed on 54 in their 2-3 defeat to Harlow on 27th in which our own Emile Acquah scored the winner

don't you love google .....

So thats what happened to mrsblue too

Other than the time he came on at Roots Hall after Northampton, I haven't seen him play. But what I will say is McCoulsky has been so ineffective in my opinion when he has played you have to question whether or not it would be better to play the long game, and play our own prospects... The way I see it right now Ba and Wabo would find it hard to offer less than McCoulsky.

Last edited:
Well on to my high horse again- can’t understand why we want to develop other people’s u23 in men’s football rather than our own...especially when 9 times out of 10 they are underwhelming and either don’t put in a tackle or jump 30 feet in the air when one is coming...and by the way we have had much much worse than McCoulskey who is actually one of the better ones

^
Exactly those last two posts!

We shouldn't be a nursery for Championship and Premier Club's young players to get some game time. They need to be here because they are a benefit to us and are better than what we are producing ourselves.

I can't remember which poster it was last season who said they were against the loan system completely, but I find myself thinking this more and more of late.

The only acceptable loans should be either :-

1) Emergency - Like Crystal Waters the other year
or
2) A short term loan with an option to buy at the end of it, so a Sam Mantom scenario could emerge

The rest of this U23's nonsense, with parent clubs demanding game time for their products, I'm not sure I approve of.

^
Exactly those last two posts!

We shouldn't be a nursery for Championship and Premier Club's young players to get some game time. They need to be here because they are a benefit to us and are better than what we are producing ourselves.

I can't remember which poster it was last season who said they were against the loan system completely, but I find myself thinking this more and more of late.

The only acceptable loans should be either :-

1) Emergency - Like Crystal Waters the other year
or
2) A short term loan with an option to buy at the end of it, so a Sam Mantom scenario could emerge

The rest of this U23's nonsense, with parent clubs demanding game time for their products, I'm not sure I approve of.

I tend to take this view although, just occasionally, these loans work out quite nicely. cf Britt Assombalonga.

Back