• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo

I still believe Wabo is a prospect, but the clock is ticking - he’s 20+ and we will hopefully soon have Matt Rush, Charlie Kelman and Freddy Jnr coming through in the next couple of seasons.

The kid who impressed me most in Pre Season was Ba, surely he is due a chance, as much as Norman?

Talking of striker prospects; What’s happened to Emile Acquah? Haven’t seen him in the Academy or U23s? He was scoring for fun last year.

hasn't he gone on loan ?

More than likely will get on the bench- but needs to grab a chance.
If you can't get in non-league starting line ups it does not scream ready - flowering or not..

I really feel for this kid!!

He has a whole thread dedicated to him....discussing the validity of any possible inclusion in the squad, whether he any good, whether he has a future, whether he’s injured or out of favour and even at one stage whether he has atttude problems and is unpopular!!!

I wouldn’t mind so much if you all had seen him play regularly and had formed your opinions based on his performances but in the large majority of cases these discussions have hinged on Twitter posts, online team sheets or goal scorers posted!!!!

I even read someone asking what similarities he has to Hopper!!! Let’s clear that one up once and for all......think Barack Obama and Donald Trump!!!!!

I’m not here to say he should or shouldn’t be or is good enough or not....I’m just saying go and see the boy play and base an opinion on him as a player first!!

Last edited:
Could mean he will be involved Sat or he really is on the naughty bench...or injured...

He came off the bench (and scored) so he wasn't injured or being rested for Saturday.

He's just behind Ba in the pecking order, that's all.

Players like Jack Bridge and Jason Williams did well on loan spells in the non league yet did not make the grade with us. The fact that Wabo did nothing when he was loaned to a non league club recently shows he is a long way off being ready for League One now and probably never will be.

Players like Jack Bridge and Jason Williams did well on loan spells in the non league yet did not make the grade with us. The fact that Wabo did nothing when he was loaned to a non league club recently shows he is a long way off being ready for League One now and probably never will be.

Bit harsh on Wabo, both his loans have been played at a higher level than Bridge and Williams. Also he has been limited with the amount of pitch time given. He was also spoken of very highly by the Ebbsfleet fans whenever he came on for them.

Wabo need to start for the like of Braintree or Dover, play every game and perform well, to stand a chance to break into our first team.

I’m not here to say he should or shouldn’t be or is good enough or not....I’m just saying go and see the boy play and base an opinion on him as a player first!!

I've seen him play. Not for long, but for long enough to know that there's a striker's instinct about him.

Whether, since then, he has gone downhill I can't say, but what I saw was enough to suggest he has more to his game than other players who have been given 90 minutes on more than one occasion in the last couple of years.

I really feel for this kid!!

He has a whole thread dedicated to him....discussing the validity of any possible inclusion in the squad, whether he any good, whether he has a future, whether he’s injured or out of favour and even at one stage whether he has atttude problems and is unpopular!!!

I wouldn’t mind so much if you all had seen him play regularly and had formed your opinions based on his performances but in the large majority of cases these discussions have hinged on Twitter posts, online team sheets or goal scorers posted!!!!

I even read someone asking what similarities he has to Hopper!!! Let’s clear that one up once and for all......think Barack Obama and Donald Trump!!!!!

If you’re going to start talks no sense , then you’re really not welcome on here !

I have seen him play for our first team twice i.e. 66.6% of his appearances. On both occasions he looked to be the real deal to me.

He must have been pleased to score two against the Harlow outfit that gave him little opportunity when he was on loan to them. Well done Norman.

I have seen him play for our first team twice i.e. 66.6% of his appearances. On both occasions he looked to be the real deal to me.

He must have been pleased to score two against the Harlow outfit that gave him little opportunity when he was on loan to them. Well done Norman.

He wasn’t on loan at Harlow was he? Unless it was last season and I missed it!!

Back