• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wabo

I fear you might be right, but SCP could do worse than start him on Saturday.

Would certainly get the crowd behind him and the team and who knows what might happen.

Last edited:
Will be on the bench Saturday then.

That could well have been SCP's thinking and reason for taking him off after 45 minutes. As far as i'm aware he hasn't taken a knock.

Incidentally, that was Isaac's 6th goal in his last 90 minutes of pitch time for the U'23's.

Edit: Ba taken off now, and Wimbledon pull one back to make it 2-1.

Yeahhhhhhhh give the hutch a go on Saturday, what have we to lose ? He may be ready for a regular place in the side:Thumbs up:

The thing is if Hutchinson, Ba or dare I saw Wabo play [I know he's on loan but still] regardless of whether they're a million miles away or knocking at the door if first team football it gives the supporters something to get behind and encourage when the current team sheet is giving us very little.

Someone used Rashford as an example and he was so raw it was hard to anticipate what he'd do at times because he didn't really have all the grounding to play the percentages or to use game management tactics etc. He played like a kid, just wanting to impress and win!

A lot of talk about who is deserving a chance out of Hutchinson, Ba and Wabo. Meanwhile Emile Acquah is playing regularly for Harlow and scored again tonight. 5th goal for a team struggling in the league below the Conference South.

Am I missing something here. Why would playing Wabo (4 goals in 21 and those 4 were at Southern League Premier Division level) and Ba (12 games 0 goals) give the supporters something to get behind?

If I'm in the pub come Saturday and them 2 are starting up front then someone can have my ticket. Please give your heads a wobble.

The thing is if Hutchinson, Ba or dare I saw Wabo play [I know he's on loan but still] regardless of whether they're a million miles away or knocking at the door if first team football it gives the supporters something to get behind and encourage when the current team sheet is giving us very little.

Someone used Rashford as an example and he was so raw it was hard to anticipate what he'd do at times because he didn't really have all the grounding to play the percentages or to use game management tactics etc. He played like a kid, just wanting to impress and win!

What does it give us to get behind please?

It might just make people think that at least a couple of our younger guys are being given a go.

There, potentially, would be just as many moans and oh no not this again if we played Cox upfront on his own or some other players that people are getting a bit disillusioned with.

I'm sure there were a few who were supping their pre-match pints before that Swansea game and asking questions about who this Eastwood bloke is that's starting today or before the Notts County game wondering who the h*ll Collymore was.

Neither took long to get the crowd going.

A footnote on Wabo. Those stats I would imagine class sub appearances as appearances and don't forget, he is still playing for us at U23 level.

Eastwood is a completely different scenario though. He was scoring for fun in what was at the time I believe 2 levels below us. These 2 have literally done nothing.

It might just make people think that at least a couple of our younger guys are being given a go.

There, potentially, would be just as many moans and oh no not this again if we played Cox upfront on his own or some other players that people are getting a bit disillusioned with.

I'm sure there were a few who were supping their pre-match pints before that Swansea game and asking questions about who this Eastwood bloke is that's starting today or before the Notts County game wondering who the h*ll Collymore was.

Neither took long to get the crowd going.

A footnote on Wabo. Those stats I would imagine class sub appearances as appearances and don't forget, he is still playing for us at U23 level.

Yearwood and Elvis not being given a go then? You cant play the whole U23 side

I have actually said in the pre match Accrington thread that I would now like us to play Hutchinson. He's flying with something like back to back hat tricks, in great form and in a position that I personally think we need someone in the first team, in front of the midfield and behind Cox as the gap between them at Portsmouth was painful

But you can't drop Cox for Wabo or Ba, that would just be plain bonkers

In fairness, Seasidedoughnut was talking about Hutchinson, as I was. Adding one U23 to the two in the side is hardly the entire U23 team.

Farmdog referred to Wabo and Ba. Personally, I wouldn't start either of them and I certainly wouldn't drop Cox. He is our best and most creative player.

My view is I'd rather start Hutchinson than Robinson or McCoulsky.

In reference to Eastwood, I was also referring to Hutchinson, who has scored six in two games.

I'd also like to see Wabo at least given some sub time. That's been well documented.

Just feel that RH is a bit flat at the moment and it won't be buoyed much with a line-up similar to the last game.

In fairness, Seasidedoughnut was talking about Hutchinson, as I was.

Farmdog referred to Wabo and Ba. Personally, I wouldn't start either of them and I certainly wouldn't drop Cox. He is our best and most creative player.

In reference to Eastwood, I was also referring to Hutchinson, who has scored six in two games.

I'd also like to see Wabo at least given some sub time. That's been well documented.

Just feel that RH is a bit flat at the moment and it won't be buoyed much with a line-up similar to the last game.

That's Yearwood.

You're back again, I see!

Have you got some sort of alert button when I post something? :Winking::Smile:

Last edited:
In fairness, Seasidedoughnut was talking about Hutchinson, as I was. Adding one U23 to the two in the side is hardly the entire U23 team.

It's not really a fair comparison with Freddy and Wabo

Freddy was scoring goals for fun at Grays in the Conference, Wabo cant even get a start at that level

Bear in mind as well we were only one level above the Conference at the time we signed Freddy

I agree on the point on McCoulsky, I think he's far too lightweight but Theo had a go when he came on at Pompey and he was one that was massively revitalized under Powell last season. CP needs to make his mind up whether he actually likes him or not.

I don't think the line up is the problem, you glance at the team sheet and there are good players there, even with the injuries but you cannot play a direct system with that line up. That's the problem

Back