• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Utd vs Plymouth Argyle

What's your starting 11 for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems to me we had a big statement about not playing people out of position- then want to partner Cox with anyone but an actual forward (Dieng, Bunn whoever). I think against Plymouth we should be extraordinary brave and play two actual forwards up front (throw Wabo in for example- can always take him off after 50 mins..)

assuming we dont get a loanee between now and then

I had forgotten that Adams will be on the touchline. He certainly was an odious tosser in the game at their place. Hopefully the East Stand will show him some love.

11 players that put a shift in and do their best. Give me that and sod the formation

Having had the misfortune to sit through Tuesday's match, a side playing with some passion would be great this afternoon. Being a West Stand migrant I was shocked to hear the lack of noise / encouragement from our Management team on the bench. What do Matthews and Keen do ? Coughlin was never silent.
Anyway back to the West Stand this afternoon and looking for 3 points. Come on you Shrimpers!

No Charlie Kelman in the starting u18s team at B&L today, could well signify that he’s in the first team squad today

Having had the misfortune to sit through Tuesday's match, a side playing with some passion would be great this afternoon. Being a West Stand migrant I was shocked to hear the lack of noise / encouragement from our Management team on the bench. What do Matthews and Keen do ? Coughlin was never silent.
Anyway back to the West Stand this afternoon and looking for 3 points. Come on you Shrimpers!

Having my season next to our dugout as I do, I can say that I have never once seen Kevin Keen leave his seat and interact with any player in a game. He may as well sit in Brian Horton’s old seat in the directors area. Or just sit at the bar. Either/or.

Having my season next to our dugout as I do, I can say that I have never once seen Kevin Keen leave his seat and interact with any player in a game. He may as well sit in Brian Horton’s old seat in the directors area. Or just sit at the bar. Either/or.

For the last 2 games that’s exactly where he has sat, in Brian Hortons old seat.

Never understood why two assistants are required.

One at a push, if they work well as a team : Webb/Lock .. Tilly/Brush

Two is just a waste of a wage, I think.

Does anyone really think that the players can hear and take on board information from the staff during a game? Let alone if 2 maybe even 3 of them got up and started shouting!!

Firstly there’s a rule that only allows max 2 standing in the technical area....secondly if the players could hear you what’s the value in more than one voice?? Thirdly trust me the players can’t hear you!!!!

Back