• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Sometimes things are best not being in the public domain. For example, admitting financial problems increases borrowing costs and encourages companies ask for payment up front.

As a consumer, I choose carefully on where I shop - I wouldn’t trust a 5 year guarantee from house of Fraser for example, so would choose to shop elsewhere. Otherwise I may have shopped in HOF

If you’re playing poker you don’t show your hand to other players
We’re talking Southend here

Blackburn fan mentioned Paul Downing was wanted on loan? 27 plays as a CB? Would be good signing

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought there was a time when a winding up petition came with an automatic transfer embargo?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought there was a time when a winding up petition came with an automatic transfer embargo?

It might do, but if it does I’m pretty sure the club will be aware. If so, the news that they are a gnats whisker from signing a defender suggests to me that they are confident of the winding up order and (possible) resulting embargo will be lifted imminently.

Could be Harry Kane. He was only good enough to start on the bench. Hardly worth staying at Spurs really.

Another ex-Orient forward? You guys are OBSESSED. Though so would I be if I had witnessed both Tony Richards AND Jabo Ibehre after they’d perfected their craft at the Home Of Football.

I'm talking about the ones we've had.

Anyhoo, I wouldn't use Orient as a template for anything in the last 10 years, frankly.

Well, aside from making the League One playoff final a mere five years ago, I suppose.

Another ex-Orient forward? You guys are OBSESSED. Though so would I be if I had witnessed both Tony Richards AND Jabo Ibehre after they’d perfected their craft at the Home Of Football.

Well, aside from making the League One playoff final a mere five years ago, I suppose.

Fair enough. But let’s be honest, that aside you’ve always been cack.

Fair enough. But let’s be honest, that aside, you’ve always been cack.

Pretty much.

Btw, you’ll be shocked to note that Orient’s reserve defence managed to keep DEFINITE CP target Cole Stockton off the score sheet today, despite playing nearly 15 minutes with 10 men.

Blimey, you did well to find that in amongst 50 pages, Jonny. On a Saturday night, as well.

Yep, point taken. I was more pulling the original poster's pants down than having a pop at the O's. The point was more about taking U23's on loan from Spurs who we had little or no chance in keeping anyway, rather than using our own.

In that regard, Orient only had temporary use of those three players mentioned. None of them signed permanently afterwards, so you guys were a nursery, as well, and gained nothing in the long term from it.

Was he on the pitch? :Smile:

Allegedly. Funnily enough I didn’t make the trip to North Wales for the non-League Checkatrade.

Blimey, you did well to find that in amongst 50 pages, Jonny. On a Saturday night, as well.

Yep, point taken. I was more pulling the original poster's pants down than having a pop at the O's. The point was more about taking U23's on loan from Spurs who we had little or no chance in keeping anyway, rather than using our own.

In that regard, Orient only had temporary use of those three players mentioned. None of them signed permanently afterwards, so you guys were a nursery, as well, and gained nothing in the long term from it.

Truly, I’m living the dream.

Anyway, sod the long term. They improved an already-good side for little-to-no outlay. Vital for clubs like ours who are trying to punch above their financial weight in League One by looking at the top 6. We did of course have Charlie Daniels on loan who later signed and eventually made us a fair few pennies in the process.

If this is a left-back some people are suggesting, then what affect will (And did) it have on Hendrie's performance??

Not much of a confidence booster from your manager is it.

But we have to sign some players. Hendrie demonstrated again today why a left back is one of those - hes too inconsistent, and when he has a bad game it's just awful

But we have to sign some players. Hendrie demonstrated again today why a left back is one of those - hes too inconsistent, and when he has a bad game it's just awful

But it wasn't just Hendrie though, Turner and White let Ladapo get behind them on too many occasions and annoyed me with their continuing hoofing up to Cox.

I actually think Hendrie has been playing well, yes he made a mistake today, which he paid a high price for, but with Demi due back soon, is a full back really the priority

Without stating the B.....g obvious we don’t need more defenders we need a. CF

If this is a left-back some people are suggesting, then what affect will (And did) it have on Hendrie's performance??

Not much of a confidence booster from your manager is it.

Clearly it didn't make him go out and give a "you wont be able to drop me performance".

Without stating the B.....g obvious we don’t need more defenders we need a. CF

How many games have we failed to score in? - and how many games in which we have scored have the opposition scored more? We need to stop them scoring.

Clearly it didn't make him go out and give a "you wont be able to drop me performance".

Oh let’s go and get a 5th goalkeeper.. love they way the clubs focus is everywhere other than where the real problem is..

Back