• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Game of thrones -season 8

Definite come down after last week's ep but understandable and still great. A sense of foreboding hangs over the last two episodes, a world of what could have been will be washed away in rivers of blood.

It was never going to a be a biff/bang episode (well maybe there was a bang) but that episode set the tone for the remainder of the series. A lot of revenging went through some minds and not unreasonably. I couldn't see any saving graces amongst the Lannisters behind the wall. And who will end up killing who? Nothing can be ruled out to win the Iron throne.

Anyone see the trailer for Ep5? Euron pooping himself as he hears a noise and looks back.... I think a certain blonde-haired Queen has been breeding her dragons on the QT.

Spoiler:  
so many good moments in that episode, but also a massive let down in many ways. this season has been a pretty big disappointment as they've rushed to a finale

Spoiler:  
so many good moments in that episode, but also a massive let down in many ways. this season has been a pretty big disappointment as they've rushed to a finale

Spoiler:  
This. No twists, no clever turn, half the plot line killed off three episodes in, every major character has been a disappointment and the ones who haven’t only haven’t because they’ve not been in it for more than five minutes. Real disappointment all season long and the final episode will surely be a huge rush towards a ridiculous ending.

I certainly wasn't expecting some of that. The last episode will have a lot to cram in but this was still a good episode with pleasing outcomes for some I don't like!

For the third episode in a row I was massively underwhelmed.

The cinematography was shocking for episode 3, but they got it spot on last night, with some simply spectacular scenes.

And that’s about it. I can’t really muster up any more excitement for the episode.

- Dany’s heel-turn has been rushed & non-sensical.

- Why did Jaime leave Cersei in the first place? His whole character arc of redemption & reinvention has just been made to look stupid

- What was the point in Cersei’s prophecy? Or her pregnancy? Her’s and jaime’s deaths were crap, and not deserving of the stature of characters, they were.

- Tyrion grassing up Varys made no sense, nor did Varys’ actions. The Master Of Whispers, suddenly becomes The Master Of blabbing - loudly - to anyone willing to listen.

- Even CleganeBowl, which admittedly was shot well, felt like a let down.

Some parts of the final season have been good. But overall, they’re in danger of ruining one of the best tv series of all time. I know it was always gunna be hard to top what they’d done so far, but Jesus Christ, it feels like this final season has been written by an intern, on his/her lunch break. They had two-years & a blank chequebook to come up with an epic and fitting end for this series.

And this is the best they could do?

I think the writers are going out of their way to disprove all the fan theories. The NK dead early in the series, Cersei & Jamie dead without an ounce of retribution by the Starks. Arya reverting to a little girl, Bran seemingly a pointless character.

Ok Dany's turned into her father and we had CleganBowl but on the whole, nothing is happening like those fan boys predicted (including me).

Obvs in the final, Dany will attack Winterfell & the Starks, probably killing them all bar Jon. Jon will kill Dany. Apart from that, who knows, but Benioff and Wiess will probably throw another curve ball into the mix.

I'm hoping there is still a twist, I noticed on the trailer for the final episode it was very winter like in kings landing. Is winter still coming?

I have no problem with the end points the writers are going for but the way they are doing it seems incredibly rushed.

Jamie going back to Cersei would have worked if he'd started expressing doubts for more than 5 minutes before leaving.

Dany burning King's Landing could have worked if they'd had some scenes with her holding resentment for King's Landing not caring that her family was overthrown instead of her seemingly committing genocide for no reason.

Arya deciding that she doesn't want revenge would have worked better if The Hound had been trying to convince her of it for a couple of episodes instead of a single sentence from him convincing her to not go after Cersei.

Varys should have been bought down in a far more subtle way than him uncharacteristically going around telling every major character that Jon is better than Dany.

Don't think we've seen the last if Cersei. I reckon Tyion will be king with Sansa. Either Jon or Jamie will become the Queenslayer. Jon will then bugger off to the Wildings were he has always been happiest.

Moral of the story so far? if you try and **** with dragons you'll end up with crispy bits as Lord Varys found out. I thought the way the storyline unforlded on him happened way too fast.

Back