• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you give Waddock the job

Would you give Waddock the job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Defensively, it is not just the defence that needs sorting. Generally, we looked awful when Fleetwood had the ball. Would really help if we were able to hold the ball up front, just to take a bit of pressure off the back four.

Wasn’t KB hammered for saying exactly this?

I would say judging on yesterdays performance .Who ever gets the job needs to sort out the mess in the middle of the park .The forward line takes care of its self .It doesn't need tinkering with leave we alone .But from the middle backwards need a radical over hall .I know we cant bring players in until jan .But there is some dead wood needs trimming to steady the ship at the back .

I would say judging on yesterdays performance .Who ever gets the job needs to sort out the mess in the middle of the park .The forward line takes care of its self .It doesn't need tinkering with leave we alone .But from the middle backwards need a radical over hall .I know we cant bring players in until jan .But there is some dead wood needs trimming to steady the ship at the back .
Also think our unfit players need to sort themselves out, we’ve all heard of the dedicated professional, first on the training pitch last off, think some of ours have a last on first off mentality, as I said some, not all. Whilst I agree with most of your comments TT feel that last seasons top scorer should be on the bench and sort his act out

We’d have to be galloping into October with 10 points on the board and a drastic turnaround in mentality & confidence plus have kept *at least* 1 clean sheet to turn my head. Not that I’m demanding .. or in a position to make the decision, thank goodness!

I think a lot of Cox’s issues have been the tactics under bond, out wide, central midfield they are not his positions. He looked better Saturday but still off the pace. Think playing him in his proper position will se him return to his usual self.

As for Waddock, he will need a few games to convince myself personally, his record as a manager isn’t the best. If he were to be given say 4-6 games and he got 10 points or so then think he has to have a chance, but not sure as a club they can take that chance and wait. However could be worth keeping on the staff in a coaching role under any new boss

I would say at this stage he has done enough to keep himself in the running.

The team he picked yesterday was pretty much the strongest he could with the players available. Importantly he kept it simple with players playing in their natural positions and with a clear plan which they were able to transfer from the training ground on to the pitch.

There are deficiencies within the team, particularly with the midfield which like last season is too easily played through.

Macca has shown in the past that he is a good player but quite fragile with regards his confidence and fitness. He was clearly a key part of Waddock's plan, with a number of long balls to him, and with that confidence shown in him, he has responded in kind. It was noticeable that after his goal he went towards the bench and management team,

I am not usually an advocate of a direct style of play however our defence is simply not good enough to play out from the back. Whilst we have a shaky defence and a fragile midfield we do have good League 1 strikers in Cox and Humphrys (plus Goodship from the bench) so we need a system which gets the ball too them. This seemed to be the plan yesterday.
Goodship didn't play in his natural position (when he played at all).

The biggest thing that Waddock has going for him is that he will be very cheap to move on when the time comes or should he eventually fail. Can we really afford to give out a two to three year contract to a better qualified candidate who might only be able to achieve CP or KB levels of success? If we can win or avoid losing our next two games the economic logic for giving Waddock the job will be irresistible.
If you look at the balance sheet AB vs Waddock is no contest and Waddock wins hands down!
For those of you who hate the idea console yourself by asking yourself why you do not take your holidays in Barbados.

The new face in the dugout gained us a point.
Surely, the next manager has to do it for the rest of the season?
Give Waddock another couple of games and keep someone on the back burner, who isn't Phil Parkinson according to his own weekend TV comments.

the one thing Waddock did sat that mirrored Bond is .He brought goodship on and yet again stuck him on the wing .Surely he knows Goodship is an attacker in the center of the park not on the bloody wing .

the one thing Waddock did sat that mirrored Bond is .He brought goodship on and yet again stuck him on the wing .Surely he knows Goodship is an attacker in the center of the park not on the bloody wing .

What I did like was he didn't change shape once. I think he got the right players on the pitch with his subs but the wrong ones off. Macca had the best game he's had in about 2 years and it's the worst I've ever seen Cox play, did absolutely nothing, we were carrying him. Pretty astounding he got 90 minutes

What I did like was he didn't change shape once. I think he got the right players on the pitch with his subs but the wrong ones off. Macca had the best game he's had in about 2 years and it's the worst I've ever seen Cox play, did absolutely nothing, we were carrying him. Pretty astounding he got 90 minutes

Macca s knackered after 60 mind. He's just come back from injury and hasn't played

Let's see how big Waddock's bollocks are before passing judgement. Drop Cox and play Goodship next to Humphrys and see if Cox knuckles down or sulks, if it's the latter then he can go in Jan.

Too soon. Showed more passion on the sidelines than previous management. Was constantly making notes, and pointing and talking to players.

However, I feel that 1 point gained does not open the doors to the managers office. Lets see how the team sets up for the 2 away games.

Back