• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you give Waddock the job

Would you give Waddock the job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goodship didn't play in his natural position (when he played at all).

Waddock started with his best and most experienced strikers ie. Cox and Humprhys.

Hutchinson was being overrun and a change was needed so Waddock brought on Goodship. It is rarely possible to play every single player in their favoured position for the whole of the every game. Especially for a club with limited resources like us.

If Goodship is to develop into a league player he will need to be adaptable, in the same way that Elvis moved seamlessly from right back to left back.

My point was that the starting eleven consisted of players in their correct positions. Waddock then responded with substitutions as the game progressed; overall I would say that on this occasion he got them correct, and certainly better than Joey Barton did.

To all those saying too soon, the whole point is to judge based on the number of small changes made by Waddock that seemed to make a difference on Saturday from the crap Bond served up.

Maybe people felt there was no difference.

For me there were a lot of small changes that makes me think Waddock didn't buy into or agree with what Bond was trying to do

To all those saying too soon, the whole point is to judge based on the number of small changes made by Waddock that seemed to make a difference on Saturday from the crap Bond served up.

Maybe people felt there was no difference.

For me there were a lot of small changes that makes me think Waddock didn't buy into or agree with what Bond was trying to do
Under statement of the year. I think Waddock was basically a by stander who dished out drinks on match days or not far from it. He seems as relieved as the players that Bond has gone.

For me certainly made good decisions on Saturday. More of the same tomorrow night please.

He certainly sounds a lot better and more positive in the interviews too than Bond.

Re Goodship, presumably he was signed because of his prolific goalscoring so why waste him out wide when Cox has hardly had a shot on target this season.

Waddock started with his best and most experienced strikers ie. Cox and Humprhys.

Hutchinson was being overrun and a change was needed so Waddock brought on Goodship. It is rarely possible to play every single player in their favoured position for the whole of the every game. Especially for a club with limited resources like us.

If Goodship is to develop into a league player he will need to be adaptable, in the same way that Elvis moved seamlessly from right back to left back.

My point was that the starting eleven consisted of players in their correct positions. Waddock then responded with substitutions as the game progressed; overall I would say that on this occasion he got them correct, and certainly better than Joey Barton did.

Agree with your post but Demi should have gone to left back being the more experienced but I guess that fits in with the senior players not taking responsibility. Elvis actually gave a dangerous free kick away late on, by trying to tackle with his right foot instead of his left. Luckily they tried to mess around down near the byline and wasted the chance.

Re Goodship, presumably he was signed because of his prolific goalscoring so why waste him out wide when Cox has hardly had a shot on target this season.

I'd be all over a partnership of Goodship and Humphrys.. Cox could sit behind them. Not entirely sure what that does with midfield but given how non-existent they have been for 18 months in the centre i doubt it can do much harm...

Waddock is the exact right man to be the custodian but we absolutely have to get away from this recent initiative of offering the job to the first bloke who seems to express and interest.

For me the key thing is that he has done enough for me not to be desperate to rush someone in. If Ron says you carry on while I think seriously and he keeps winning then he becomes a candidate if we don’t improve enough then he appoints a new man.

I feel like Ron Martin has him in mind but also looking at other people thing the last thing you want is he wins a few games gets the job then loses because then people will be calling for his head

Yes, Ron has left his options open by saying that he will not rush into another appointment. I would guess the next two games will determine what happens.

Yeah it might take longer but also baring in mind who ever does take over will work with the squad I know we need the right appointment we are nearly in October so something must happen soon

I think how we get on tonight will seal Waddock's fate. A loss and I think he'll be toast.

Tough game tonight more concerned about our defence Shrewsbury have a good squad mind you only scored once at home

Exactly. Imo Goodship isn't and never will be a winger. He does look threatening in a striking role though, and I'm convinced that as a twin strikeforce he and Hump would collar a hatfull of goals.

Back