• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys

Just a saying MS, apologies to SH if it came across that way. One of the very few I'd be happy to hang onto it. But I think he'd be onto his agent to get him away. He won't fancy Lg2 wages.

As far as I'm aware his contract pays the same in L1 as in L2.

I really don't understand this hatred for Humphreys.

He played really well last season until he was badly injured bravely challenging for a 40/60 ball and winning us a point that helped keep us up. Yes I was there and I saw it for myself.

He then came back into the team at personal danger before he should have done to win us the game against Sunderland and keep us up.

He starred in two of our better attacking performances scoring super goals at Wycombe and Shrewsbury. Terrible mistakes by most of the defence and in particular Milligan (Wycombe) and Elvis (Shrewsbury) cost us the points in those games - certainly not Humphreys.

Now he's injured. His fault?

Direct your ire in the direction it should go if you must but it certainly shouldn't be at Humphreys.
Perosnally I think they all share responsibility, SH is damn lazy at times not working back, holds the ball too long etc, but as others have said he has the talent its about if he wants to apply himself. He left fulham under a cloud as they felt he had it all but didnt apply himself correctly.

As someone said he has the skills to be a modern day Steve Bull, he was a player who worked his socks off for his team in all areas.

Humphrys is a decent player but his attitude seems poor.

Hopper is a decent player alongside a pacy forward. Cox isn't that player.

When we get relegated. Which we will. I'd expect all of the above to be gone.

Humphrys is a decent player but his attitude seems poor.

Hopper is a decent player alongside a pacy forward. Cox isn't that player.

When we get relegated. Which we will. I'd expect all of the above to be gone.
What about his attitude seems poor? I’m generally curious.

There are a lot of players that come to mind, over the years, that look like a luxury. SH may be one. The reason they should play is because they are game changers. They don't always run about like a headless Cox, see where thats got him, but they can hit the back of the net.
If you ask him to run about more he is less likely to be in that key position at the golden moment. He knows his game and there are times when we have witnessed what he can do. In a better side he would score more and noone would complain.

We should be trying to keep him at all costs. Goodship doesnt look ready to bridge a 4 division gap quite yet.. Cox is getting old and Hopper is a shoe in to move to a bigger club.

Unbelievable

Why now this vitriol towards Humphrys? I regard him as one of the top forwards at this level. He, and Hopper are the two who will get goals if they get the service. Both are the right age and have shown bravery since coming back from horrendous injuries. The likes of Acquah and Kelman are still WIP, Cox is nearing the end of his career and Goodship simply isn’t up to standard (yet?)

I say Humphrys should stay, brave young man, and can’t say I’ve seen any attitude issues?

I don't blame any of them for going quiet on social media, some of the stuff I've seen directed at them recently has been disgusting. In these days of heightened awareness of the importance of looking after your mental health, all you need to be is a pro footballer who makes a mistake or is in a team on a downward run and it seems to be open season for all the neanderthal keyboard warriors to launch tirades of abuse at them!

Humphrys is a young man who enjoys playing computer/video games (whatever they're currently called) - and yet he's being criticised for that while he's injured!

As one who has found comfort in being distracted by computer games in the wee small hours when your mind is inclined to be torturous, I don't get the criticism.

I also don't get some of the absolutely vile comments I've read directed at Harry Lennon, or the stuff that was said to Isaac Hutchinson recently.

The current trend of trial by social media is totally disgusting.

Is it any surprise the players are getting abused on social media not all warranted but they are the worst football side in 50 years. They’re gonna get abused.
With Humphrys I get the impression he cares for his career not so much for us. He’ll probably be hoping a club has seen something in him and will take a punt. If not then I can’t see him not giving it all for us because he will want a good move when it’s time to move on. Unlike some of the other players who appear to have just given up on the lot - not playing well, don’t care

There is no doubt he has real talent, is only 23 and has Andy Cole arrived to help him develop. I really Hope in a years time a few commentators on here will look back and wonder what they were thinking. This lad will have a good career and I hope a few years of it will be with us.

Forget twitter and Instagram, i just hope none of our players read the vitriol that's often written about them on this site...

Forget twitter and Instagram, i just hope none of our players read the vitriol that's often written about them on this site...

Rather it be on here than face to face on the pitch like Hutch got.

The fans are really frustrated due to the players inability to play football, can see the frustration but the verbal attack Hutch got was shockingly awful

Back