• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Humphrys

Some astounding posts on this thread.

Maybe he could be the first one out the door, his injured and sol doesn’t need injured players taking up the wage bill.

Yeah, get rid of our arguably best striker, the one who played several games with a broken face because hes now injured. Ridiculous.

Given what happened with Harry Lennon and Sol's general clampdown on fitness and discipline, I'm not overly surprised.

How is SH being injured in anyway linked to Lennon being an idiot post game in a pub? Ridiculous.

I used to play with a kid in our junior school team and he was ok at scoring goals at that level. His nickname was 'GoalHanger' because his only contribution was to get the ball, head down and dribble towards goal and shoot. His goal ratio was about 1 in 4 attempts. ****ed off most of the team because he wouldn't pass to a team mate. I don't know what made me think of that after reading this thread, it's a bit strange isn't it?

I dont know either. Please elaborate?

How is Humphrys a rat? This is the man who repeatedly played with a shattered face, scored the winner to save us last season, is our topscorer this season despite injuries meaning he hasn't played as many as others.

He has a lot of work to do off the ball to improve, but a rat? Really?

Unless you know something else has happened here, then please enlighten me.

Agreed.

I really don't understand this hatred for Humphreys.

He played really well last season until he was badly injured bravely challenging for a 40/60 ball and winning us a point that helped keep us up. Yes I was there and I saw it for myself.

He then came back into the team at personal danger before he should have done to win us the game against Sunderland and keep us up.

He starred in two of our better attacking performances scoring super goals at Wycombe and Shrewsbury. Terrible mistakes by most of the defence and in particular Milligan (Wycombe) and Elvis (Shrewsbury) cost us the points in those games - certainly not Humphreys.

Now he's injured. His fault?

Direct your ire in the direction it should go if you must but it certainly shouldn't be at Humphreys.

Yes mate!

Perosnally I think they all share responsibility, SH is damn lazy at times not working back, holds the ball too long etc, but as others have said he has the talent its about if he wants to apply himself. He left fulham under a cloud as they felt he had it all but didnt apply himself correctly.

As someone said he has the skills to be a modern day Steve Bull, he was a player who worked his socks off for his team in all areas.

Under a cloud! Oh My days! Ridiculous!

Humphrys is a decent player but his attitude seems poor.

Hopper is a decent player alongside a pacy forward. Cox isn't that player.

When we get relegated. Which we will. I'd expect all of the above to be gone.

Based on what Tommy? Who do you know feeding you info about his attitude. Playing with a broken face! Ridiculous.

What about his attitude seems poor? I’m generally curious.

I am not Curious Jon. I am mystified!

We should be trying to keep him at all costs. Goodship doesnt look ready to bridge a 4 division gap quite yet.. Cox is getting old and Hopper is a shoe in to move to a bigger club.

Agreed.

How is SH being injured in anyway linked to Lennon being an idiot post game in a pub? Ridiculous.

I think you misunderstood my post. Lennon was featured in a social media post which caused a meltdown, he then got some quite nasty abuse online. So, no surprise that seeing that (or ... on Sol's recommendation) - other players have either deleted or locked down their Twitter or Insta accounts. I probably would too.

I think you misunderstood my post. Lennon was featured in a social media post which caused a meltdown, he then got some quite nasty abuse online. So, no surprise that seeing that (or ... on Sol's recommendation) - other players have either deleted or locked down their Twitter or Insta accounts. I probably would too.

Thanks for clarifying.

A failed attempt at irony. I don't doubt Humphrys' skill or pace but this season his reluctance to play others in, but instead to go head down and charge on goal prompted my post. Opinions are always subjective though.

Humphreys shouldn’t never be let go, him & Hopper would blitz League 2, with our new wingers on fire and new midfielders supplying them with forward pass!!

An fit Humphreys can easily play for my another team, Legia Warsaw and be an success, at least he would get fed by the like of Novikovas & Wszolk.

You think him and Hopper would stay if we went into league 2?

I’d be surprised if any of the players we actually want to keep, would actually want to stay if we are relegated.

Yeah, get rid of our arguably best striker, the one who played several games with a broken face because hes now injured. Ridiculous.

Agreed.

Yes mate!

Under a cloud! Oh My days! Ridiculous!

Based on what Tommy? Who do you know feeding you info about his attitude. Playing with a broken face! Ridiculous.

I am not Curious Jon. I am mystified!

Agreed.
Think unless you know why he was allowed to leave Fulham then you shouldn’t comment. a year before they let him go for nothing they wanted a fair bit of cash for him, hence why he was only on loan at clubs. Before you ask yes I do know why as I have said on this board before i wa lucky enough to be involved at the club

You think him and Hopper would stay if we went into league 2?

I’d be surprised if any of the players we actually want to keep, would actually want to stay if we are relegated.

Agree, Hopper would be gone decent okayed that lad. Would be wholesale changes.

In January there may well be interest in our better players maybe money we cant turn down if we think we may get relegated as then the cash on offer would be less

The Echo are reporting today that he could be back for Burton - as could Mantom - and that Sol thinks he’ll make a big difference for us.

Both will be a huge help as we try to get some points on the board in December.

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell is confident the returning Stephen Humphrys will make a big difference to the Shrimpers.

More...

Forget twitter and Instagram, i just hope none of our players read the vitriol that's often written about them on this site...
I used to chat to Tom Hopper quite a bit when he was injured and sitting in the Directors Box. He assured me that neither he, nor the majority of the players, ever looked at Shrimperzone

personally i hope Sol and RM do everything they can to persuade Humphreys and Hopper,Hutchinson,,Dieng,Elvis,Kelman,Acquah,Bishop, Taylor to stay should we be relegated,THey will form the nucleus of a very strong league 2 side to hopefully bounce straight back via a promotion .

Indeed, they're too busy down the pub after some light training!

personally i hope Sol and RM do everything they can to persuade Humphreys and Hopper,Hutchinson,,Dieng,Elvis,Kelman,Acquah,Bishop, Taylor to stay should we be relegated,THey will form the nucleus of a very strong league 2 side to hopefully bounce straight back via a promotion .
In division 2 with reduced income could we afford them ?

I hope they are having discussions with them to see if they would be prepared to stay if we are relegated, if they say no or are undecided, then we may need to cash in for the reasons others have stated which are purely financial or financial survival.

Both Hopper and Humphrys,yes !
All the others would need to improve/ toughen up/learn a lot in a very short space of time.You could have added Rush.

Back