• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Peterborough United v Southend United

A huge learning curve for our youngsters tonight. I'm sure they will learn from it. Posh way to good for us in the second half. That said, we ran and battled right up to the final whistle.

Maybe a method in this madness. We were always going to struggle v Posh, and we have 3 home games in 8 days coming up. So, worth giving the rawest of the youngsters a run out, and saving the pick of them for the home games...

I see where you are coming from, but our home form is hardly inspiring. Perhaps with the backing of the crowd and resolute performances like the first half tonight, we can give it a good go at home. I just hope tonight hasn't left the youngsters who played too deflated.

absolutely pathetic, no tactics apart from win the ball and give it to a blue shirt. Tactics? Tactics? Campbell thinks they are Scottish Mints. Lambs to the Slaughter. All Campbell can do is bump his gums to the press with his pathetic attempt at wit! Pick a team give them proper jobs not lump n jump. He needs to go NOW

To be replaced by whom, in your opinion?...................................Mauricio Pochettino ???

Well those six new signings in Jan have made all the difference....Let's face facts Sol was not promised this situation with players when he signed up Ron has literally given him the job with one hand tied behind his back with the youth team now becoming the first 11.There's only one man to blame for this mess and because there appears to be no alternative he gets away with it .Don't believe for one minute we will ever really know if Sol could be a good manager because of Ron and the financial mess he has created.

Last edited:
i feel they targeted Clifford ... who will be under pressure Saturday ,,,

what happened to young Taylor .. given up footy after his disaster ??

I’ll be there Saturday supporting the team. There’ll be quite a few of these results before the season is out. We ARE going down and it’s ridiculous to think otherwise. So we can carry on pulling individuals apart or we can accept that Peterborough away was *never* one we were going to win and by and large, these are young lads who need a f**king break. We now have 3 home games to get things back on track.

Well those six new signings in Jan have made all the difference....Let's face facts Sol was not promised this situation with players when he signed up Ron has literally given him the job with one hand tied behind his back with the youth team now becoming the first 11.There's only one man to blame for this mess and because there appears to be no alternative he gets away with it .Don't believe for one minute we will ever really know if Sol could be a good manager because of Ron and the financial mess he's created.

This situation seems similar to the one Sol walked away from at Macclesfield.

We have a walking wounded and youth team.
We desperately need to sign those two Macclesfield lads. Purely for numbers.

We need to get Humphrys fit quickly and it's such a shame John white picked up an injury as he is invaluable in times like these.

Martin should start getting some stick at home matches. He has acted disgracefully as a chairman and shown himself completely incompetent

In the second-half 'boro were all they weren't in the first-half.............clinical. Classic, when you're out of luck syndrome.......we hit the inside of the post only for them to go up the other end and score. Even if we had scored, I still think they would have gone on to win it. Yet I thought we gave a very credible performance and even with four goals against us our heads didn't go down and we continued to play it around nicely at times.

If those two new players aren’t signed by Saturday, Ron Martin needs to get some serious abuse on Saturday. The way things have been handled this season is an utter shambles from one crisis to another.

Martin should start getting some stick at home matches. He has acted disgracefully as a chairman and shown himself completely incompetent

Every time there is talk of a protest against Martin on here, his lovers come out with the old who would buy SUFC line. Then we win a game and everything is ok and Martin is the best thing since people learnt to slice bread.

Every time there is talk of a protest against Martin on here, his lovers come out with the old who would buy SUFC line. Then we win a game and everything is ok and Martin is the best thing since people learnt to slice bread.

I love Ron Martin a teeny weeny bit. By the way, who would buy SUFC?

Back