• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Whether we are in lge1 or 2 next season dosent bother me ,i ll explain why.Thanks to the history buffs who posted match highlights of the Southend v Lincoln game,even though it was only 5 minutes or so , i can see we are in good hands with SOL as manager,if those young kids keep progressing as they are and we can retain them, the football that they displayed against Lincoln,they will be a breath of fresh air in lge2 and more than hold there own in lge 1, i can see many supporters even fair weather supporters flocking through the turnstiles to watch them.And that celebration after the final whistle was worth the entrance fee alone,even the senior members of the squad joined in ,McLaughlin was a leader amongst them.We haveon our staff one really good manager and i hope RM does everything possible to retain him and his staff .

Whether we are in lge1 or 2 next season dosent bother me ,i ll explain why.Thanks to the history buffs who posted match highlights of the Southend v Lincoln game,even though it was only 5 minutes or so , i can see we are in good hands with SOL as manager,if those young kids keep progressing as they are and we can retain them, the football that they displayed against Lincoln,they will be a breath of fresh air in lge2 and more than hold there own in lge 1, i can see many supporters even fair weather supporters flocking through the turnstiles to watch them.And that celebration after the final whistle was worth the entrance fee alone,even the senior members of the squad joined in ,McLaughlin was a leader amongst them.We haveon our staff one really good manager and i hope RM does everything possible to retain him and his staff .
You are spot on, the kids held more than there own against experienced pros of League One, even Oxford keepers walked away with a MOM for his goalkeeping display as it’s was an difference between them winning in the end or losing to our kids.

Anyone else not really give a **** who’s manager any more, or what division we end up in, or who comes or goes? I’m missing going to watch SUFC but all this rubbish is reminding me that football as we grew up with it is gone forever and it’s all about money and greed. Can’t believe this is still dragging on.

Anyone else not really give a **** who’s manager any more, or what division we end up in, or who comes or goes? I’m missing going to watch SUFC but all this rubbish is reminding me that football as we grew up with it is gone forever and it’s all about money and greed. Can’t believe this is still dragging on.
I have felt that way for several seasons and the best reasons for going was, for me, associated with the players we have or had.
Players that had local connections or loyalty, Adam, Tims, and now the younger ones like Charlie Kelman and Elvis.
Frankly the mercenary types, my perception admittedly, do not enthrall me.

I see a Bournemouth player has tested positive for Coronavirus. I really can’t this season being finished in this country. Germany have been able to get games on because of their low infection rate and how they’ve managed it. We haven’t got a grip of it completely and players are dropping like flies in the prem.

We must be one of the last countries to make a decision on our football. Even Scotland have sacked it off.

I see a Bournemouth player has tested positive for Coronavirus. I really can’t this season being finished in this country. Germany have been able to get games on because of their low infection rate and how they’ve managed it. We haven’t got a grip of it completely and players are dropping like flies in the prem.

We must be one of the last countries to make a decision on our football. Even Scotland have sacked it off.
Spain continuing from June 8th they were as bad as us at the start very high infection and mortality rates. It is worth noting only 8 out of 1750 tests are positive thats .45%.

not saying it should continue but it is worth noting these facts too. Agree that Germany managed it better than we did, but i believe they had 10 reported failed tests in the first wave of testing from far lesS tests than we had. Again just pointing this out and not endorsing re starting the season

Last edited:
Spain continuing from June 8th they were as bad as us at the start very high infection and mortality rates. It is worth noting only 8 out of 1750 tests are positive thats .45%.

not saying it should continue but it is worth noting these facts too

Yes they were as bad as us but they went into a proper lockdown and have got a better hold of it. We still haven’t and there is no chance we could get football restarted on June 8th.

Reactions: GBJ
Yes they were as bad as us but they went into a proper lockdown and have got a better hold of it. We still haven’t and there is no chance we could get football restarted on June 8th.
No i agree, ours is June 20th for the prem i think.

also as long as they have a whole month Say July it should be possible to finish as well

No i agree, ours is June 20th for the prem i think.

also as long as they have a whole month Say July it should be possible to finish as well

How does it work though? If players start testing positive do whole teams have to isolate? There are players that don’t want to play.

Players are not going to be ready to play matches before the end of June, even if they have been keeping their fitness up! The season is done, over, finished!

That being the Lincoln game we'll lose the 3 points from?

How does it work though? If players start testing positive do whole teams have to isolate? There are players that don’t want to play.
Only those testing positive isolate as i understand it, similar to how other countries have done it.

as for players not wanting to play guess thats there choice and if the clubs are happy for it

Players are not going to be ready to play matches before the end of June, even if they have been keeping their fitness up! The season is done, over, finished!
They were in Germany and are in Spain so why wouldn’t they be here? I don’t disagree that the season should be done and over but if other countries can and the players are fit with a similar period of time to train (Germany had 4 weeks which is what the prem would have by 20th June) Then why wouldn’t the prem players

Exactly! Money talks though and they don’t care about the players health.
I said this re the money at the start and many on this board laughed saying that wont come into it, it has and will continue to do so legally or otherwise

Each team will have their own interests (and rightly so i guess), those at the top or playing for Europe will want to play on, those at the bottom who see it as a way of not getting relegated or reduce the risk of relegation will not want to play on, so no one will ever agree hence the state we find ourselves in to a degree. Fans will see it form their clubs view point as well. It was never going to go smoothly.

Even L2 who had a vote and agreed only agreed if there were no relegation, how do Stevenage feel at the moment as that hasnt been agreed yet and the FA want promotion and relegation.

Last edited:
I said this re the money at the start and many on this board laughed saying that wont come into it, it has and will continue to do so legally or otherwise

Eachg team will have their own interests (and rightly so i guess), those at the top or playing for Europe will want to play on, those at the bottom who see it as a way of not getting relegated or reduce the risk of relegation will not want to play on, so no one will ever agree hence the state we find ourselves in to a degree. Fans will see it form their clubs view point as well. It was never going to go smoothly.

Even L2 who had a vote and agreed only agreed if there were no relegation, how do Stevenage feel at the moment as that hasnt been agreed yet and the FA want promotion and relegation.

It’s just an absolute mess. It’s embarrassing that we are the only remaining country without a solution.

not saying it should continue but it is worth noting these facts too. Agree that Germany managed it better than we did, but i believe they had 10 reported failed tests in the first wave of testing from far lest tests than we had. Again just pointing this out and not endorsing re starting the season
I wish u were my accountant !?

Only those testing positive isolate as i understand it, similar to how other countries have done it.

as for players not wanting to play guess thats there choice and if the clubs are happy for it

The trace, track and isolate rules would suggest that anyone found to have had significant contact with the infected person will have to isolate for 14 days too. Depending on how that significance is calculated it could mean groups of players could be out for 14 days. I wouldn’t be surprised if govt manadate players use the app if allowed to go back.

Back