• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harrogate Town promoted

Harrogate gate is a lovely place, would gladly move there tomorrow.

Drove past their ground on the way back from the Harrogate branch of Betty’s Tea rooms last year when we were in Yorkshire.

Southend will finish top half of the table.When it comes to league 2 we are a big club.Have some bloody confidence,call yourself supporter grrrrrrrrr.
It was a joke Stewart, but I would say with the financial turmoil and the two seasons we are coming off of I wouldn't like to say where any team would finish, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there weren't teams not managing to finish the season

Harrogate gate is a lovely place, would gladly move there tomorrow.

Drove past their ground on the way back from the Harrogate branch of Betty’s Tea rooms last year when we were in Yorkshire.

A friend of mine married a Leeds girl. The wedding was in Harrogate. It really is lovely, although I was more impressed with me. Harrogate to Mill Hill (NW London) is 2 hours 15 mins. I was home by 3.00 in the morning.

Harrogate is like all the worst aspects of the south condensed into one town and plonked in Yorkshire. Like Leigh on Sea but with Hunters wellies. Prefer Barnsley.

Last edited:
Harrogate is like all the worst aspects of the south condensed into one town and plonked in Yorkshire. Prefer Barnsley.
That may be a tad of an exaggeration BUT imo Harrogate has declined in the last 20 years because of many of the reasons that have blighted lots of places in the south, which is where your analogy works. It has grown enormously, very quickly, with big new estates around it's entirety, and a centre road network that is no longer better than over crowded at best. The shops, eateries etc have become the same as 99% of towns (it lacks the York/Shambles charm). Housing is over priced, people move areas to get the selective schools. Newcomers moan about the chaos caused by the show ground. Lots of Yanks from "secret" bases being too noisy, can't drink etc.
These days I prefer Skipton as a place.

I used to live in Harrogate in the 70's , still a very nice place in my opinion, I'm off there on Thursday. I used to play football on the Stray for Kirk Deighton Rangers, in one of the minor Yorkshire Leagues. That's where I did my knee in, and that was the end of my glittering career as a park footballer, scored a hat trick once though!

I personally look forward to welcoming to Roots Hall, but they are likely to be a team of Northern cloggers, make sure we wear our shin pads.

terrible - another mickey mouse non league club ...

bring back re-election..

keep all these no mark no supporters teams out.

who wants to go to a recreation park with a few sheds in it ..

awful news .. worse than Crawley and Forest Green ..

terrible - another mickey mouse non league club ...

bring back re-election..

keep all these no mark no supporters teams out.

who wants to go to a recreation park with a few sheds in it ..

awful news .. worse than Crawley and Forest Green ..

I rather enjoyed the terracing at Crawley....Gives you chance to move about and meet up with old friends.

It meets EFL standards (well it will when they've dug up their plastic pitch and put a grass one in). Your quarrel is with them. Personally think it's great to have a new name in the league.

this lot should all go ..

Burton
Crawley
Forest Green
Salford
Morecombe
Stevenage (hurrah back where they belong)
Wycombe
MK Dons (maybe fancy stadium reprieve)
Accrington
Fleetwood

maybe allowed in cos they are deserve it -

Wombles
Wigan

I’m with Rayleigh Boy on this one. I don’t get why Harrogate being promoted has been met with anything other than disappointment.

for me it’s another non league team in a division that is already starting to resemble non league.

To welcome Harrogate over Notts County who have history and a decent stadium on their side finest make sense to me.

I think herein lies the weird contradiction of football, I am not assuming your respective views but people anti big clubs hoovering up the money and creating a massive division through over spending, foreign investment etc but then also anti teams rising through the divisions if they don't have a swanky new stadium I don't understand. Football is already far too elitist at the top level, please don't bring that mentality into the lower divisions as that encourages misplaced spending and companies going to the wall, more clubs will go under from over reaching than any other reason.
Re people being happy about them being promoted, off pitch a trip away is more than just the 90 minutes it's a chance to immerse themselves in the local area, maybe make a few days of it, Harrogate feels far more alluring in that regard than Milton Keynes or Blackburn, that and it is a new ground for those of us who like to see new grounds.

Back