• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

I reckon it's got "Harry Redknapp connection" written all over it. Not convinced it would be for the right reasons. We've never made that type of appointment before and not sure Ron would have ever considered him without Mr. Sandbanks in his earhole.

Yeah I can see the concern with that but that could be 2+2 and getting Bart. It is very odd that Ron has come out and cryptically saying it’s not one of the three you think!

Yeah I can see the concern with that but that could be 2+2 and getting Bart. It is very odd that Ron has come out and cryptically saying it’s not one of the three you think!

Yeah possibly. He's done a good job there, I get that. Just not overly excited by his name and worried about potential Redknapp involvement.

TBH, I'd make Molesley even less likely to leave his present club than Currie. We're a basket case and he's just got Weymouth back into their version of the promised land after their financial collapse a few seasons back, and in back-to-back promotions. I'm not sure that joining us is a big enough incentive to pass on the opportunity to lead Weymouth in their first season back at that level and with that kind of momentum behind them?

At least with Currie we can say he's out of contract at Barnet, fed up with their Chairman and seems to be having his strongest players all leave with prospects of a drastically reduced budget next season. Makes him more likely to leave there than Molesley to leave Weymouth IMO.

See Anton was spotted at Adventure Island....could Ron have thrown him a couple of wrist bands to entice him back!.....seriously doesn't he understand the pain his decisions have put the supporters through in the last year ....Let's hope it's not a big let down as next season even with a miracle worker is going to be tough one for the diehards

Or maybe he’s playing the two clubs to get the best deal possible.
I know clubs sometimes set up a name so it goes massively favourite to cover up who they really are after Luton town did it with Johnny Jackson They sent him a apology after because they never even interviewed him

I know clubs sometimes set up a name so it goes massively favourite to cover up who they really are after Luton town did it with Johnny Jackson They sent him a apology after because they never even interviewed him

@OldBlueLady can you verify this?

This has turned farcical now.

- Campbell has been gone for 37 days & still we have no replacement

- We are 37 days away from the start of the new season

- We have a grand total of zero pre-season friendlies lined up

- We have several first team players trying to get out of the club, and have a handful of clubs circling our better players

- We have no manager to identify new targets, mould the team in his image or instill his way of playing.

- No news on the season ticket side of things, meaning desperately needed cashflow isn’t coming into the club, further making it difficult to plan for much needed signings

Currie, Fagan, Tilson, Maher, Barrett, this geezer from Weymouth... who cares at this point?

They’re all in the same boat. They all have limited experience. They all want to prove themselves. Whoever gets the nod, will be seen as the wrong choice by some, and will inevitably lose the patience of some fans when we start losing a few games.

And worse still, some of our fans are actually expecting us to be chasing promotion this season. They will be the first people calling for the head of <insert ANY name of potential manager here> when we get rolled over 2-0 at home to Harrogate. Whoever we appoint is already fighting a losing battle in essence.

The job should have been given to Fagan weeks ago, which would have given us some kind of continuity, and more importantly, a solid footing for moving the club forward.

As it stands, we are bang in trouble. If someone offered me 22nd place in Lg2 right now, I’d rip their arm off.

Back