• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

Didn't Ron add "oh that's a clue" after his 'mark' comment. Either he's playing silly games or actually let something slip.

if he's being REALLY clever, he said the suggestions were 'way' off the 'mark'. Isnt mark Molesley at WEYbridge?.....

would be just like Ron to have pre prepared a little sound bite to throw in 'accidentally' to make himself look clever.

Didn't Ron add "oh that's a clue" after his 'mark' comment. Either he's playing silly games or actually let something slip.

if he's being REALLY clever, he said the suggestions were 'way' off the 'mark'. Isnt mark Molesley at WEYbridge?.....

would be just like Ron to have pre prepared a little sound bite to throw in 'accidentally' to make himself look clever.
No, he's at WEYmouth.

As far as I know.
Could it be possible that he had one candidate in mind (eg. Currie) and used the other 2 candidates as bargaining chips? Then, when/IF Currie declined, Ron was left with the other 2 and never really believed in them as real contenders, so went looking elsewhere?

Could it be possible that he had one candidate in mind (eg. Currie) and used the other 2 candidates as bargaining chips? Then, when/IF Currie declined, Ron was left with the other 2 and never really believed in them as real contenders, so went looking elsewhere?

I tend to think it's more of what we had last time, couldn't get what he wanted so then decided he wanted Currie and now is trying to decide which is the next best option if Currie doesn't decide to come.

I tend to think it's more of what we had last time, couldn't get what he wanted so then decided he wanted Currie and now is trying to decide which is the next best option if Currie doesn't decide to come.

The thing that worries me is the Chairman's capacity to judge what would be a good managerial appointment. He does not seem to be listening to many at the club who rate Craig Fagan very highly. He also seems completely unaware of the damage already done by the time taken to make a decision.

Just putting this out as a thought, what if the new manager is already decided and is with the club taking training hence why we have been renewing contracts etc.

maybe the delay is in getting the backroom staff together, who know's it could also tie in with paying off the HMRC

The thing that worries me is the Chairman's capacity to judge what would be a good managerial appointment. He does not seem to be listening to many at the club who rate Craig Fagan very highly. He also seems completely unaware of the damage already done by the time taken to make a decision.
I think this time the damage is limited by the fact of the COVID reasons for season ending and Trina ing not happening, so not as bad an impact as when we were looking after Bond, for mew at least.

If the papers are correct then I guess he has listened to a degree as Fagan made the last 2, maybe plans are for Fagan to be part of the setup. Goven Ron’s comments though it seems the papers are wrong so maybe he hasnt listened to those at the club who rate him highly, I am not sure who at the club does as there is no one there other than the youth set up, I personally do not know enough about Fagan to rate him highly or not, although I did say I thought it would be him as he is at the club and it sort of made sense.

Just putting this out as a thought, what if the new manager is already decided and is with the club taking training hence why we have been renewing contracts etc.

maybe the delay is in getting the backroom staff together, who know's it could also tie in with paying off the HMRC

I really ****ing hope so.

Fagan & Calderwood would be a force

Am I the only one that doesn’t take Ron’s cryptic message to mean they’re called “Mark”? I took it to mean that perhaps it isn’t Currie after all.

This. The comment is pathetic and maybe he did spend more time around Sol than we thought and his weird Instagram stuff is rubbing off on Ron. How old is he? and he's posting cryptic messages like a teenage girl after a break-up.

I took the comment as Tilson, Fagan and Currie (the rumoured 3 front runners are way off the mark)

I thought he added The phrase is that a clue after saying they were way of the mark. I am fed up with cryptic comments, we had them a lot with SC so dont need RM adding to it

The guy CP mentioned from Weymouth is now 11/10 with Currie at 10/11, someone out some dosh on him last night

From all I have read, Moseley, is the only one that excites me. A genuine, on the way up, successful, respected manager. If it is him then good on Ron.

Back