• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

Were Ron to write a book about his time as Chair, the last few years would make for very interesting reading. The spell from Chris Powell to the present especially so. If he detailed the various main managerial candidates and how he managed the processes and the twists and turns, it would be a fascinating account. But it will never happen, sadly, unless Chris Phillips can persuade Ron to allow Chris to ghost it.

A former agent who has tweeted plenty regarding us in the future, all that turned out to be true.

That said he could also be a massive bullshitter and know as much you or I.. I suppose we’ll find out sooner rather than later.

Cool. What true stuff has he said?

He tweeted that Fagan was in "very very advanced talks" to become our new boss back on 30th July.
The talks clearly weren't that advanced at that stage but I think generally speaking he's known to be a pretty accurate source.

Perhaps the delay was more around the team that would be surrounding Fagan. Calderwood has plenty of managerial experience, with promotion from both league 1 and 2. I know that was a long time ago, but he won't be the main man and it seems shrewd from Fagan if true. Maybe there are one or two others involved as well. Ron did say in the interview (paraphrasing here) that it's taken a little longer to interview and speak to the prospective coaching teams of candidates.

Just had a little look at Calderwood's career. He's had a fair few assistant manager jobs before, but interestingly has assisted Chris Hughton multiple times. I very much rate Hughton and he clearly values working with Colin, so if he is part of of Fagan's team then I'm impressed.

Last edited:
As much as I will be happy with Fagan it will be a little disappointing that it’s taken this long to make an internal appointment.
Echo this entirely.

Supposedly 80+ candidates, 38 days and counting and then we give it to the youth team manager... At least Colchester made their internal appointment within a couple of weeks!

Echo this entirely.

Supposedly 80+ candidates, 38 days and counting and then we give it to the youth team manager... At least Colchester made their internal appointment within a couple of weeks!

Where did you see 80 plus candidates?

Back