• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Well, you guys have hit the jackpot with getting Mark & Tom. Gutted to have lost him from Weymouth, but we regroup & go again.
Best wishes to Mark & Southend for the coming season. Maybe see you in the FA Cup
Hope you guys get a good replacement in ASAP and stay up. Your fans have been respectful and given us good info on MM. Can’t speak for Twitter as I’m not on there, but certainly on here. Sounds like MM is the ideal man to hit the ground running and start working with our confidence shot players, most of all a certain Brandon Goodship ?

Potentially good, encouraging appointment (at last) and wish him and his team well. Anyone else wondering what, if any, influence 'Arry Rednapp may have had in all this ? And if he'll still be lurking in the shadows in the future as the club moves forward ?

Fantastic news, I was a bit MEH when I first heard his name mentioned. But honestly when I listened to this in depth interview with him I changed my mind completely. I honestly think this is a terrific appointment by Ron. If you've not listened to this already, then I urge you to do so.

I listened to this today, sounded very impressive. He talks a lot about attention to detail, the depth of the work they do. However, the most relevant bits are when he's talking about his experience of being at a club that doesn't have a pot to **** in, hasn't paid its bills and has let everyone down.

Just read the interview on the OS. Lots of 'we' and 'our', clearly sees this as a team of people not just himself individually. Good luck and lets get behind him.

That's just poor interview technique, you never say "we"!!

Would absolutely love Fagan to stay on- whether that can be sold to him I don’t know- the assistant who has worked with MM a while is from a more, shall we say, academic sports coaching background not having been a player at any level. He’s 28 I think.

Fagan is a UEFA Pro License Coach and top former player. MM is A license and Promono B license. So is he likely to stay on to work “junior” to both given his more advanced coaching qualifications- I don’t know. The weak link in a great appointment is who does MM lean on for advice/input who has played the game at a good level - other than MM the rest of his team have not played the game to any level. For that reason I keep my fingers crossed he can stay on as a first team coach as well as continuing working with 23s.

As I say pleased with appointment- going to be very different/ interesting

Welcome Mark and Tom. You have a huge job to end this rot.

Now time for Martin to step up after the disaster of last season. I know this is a different world at the moment but there is so much rebuilding to do.

Great appointment. Feels odd though, pretty sure I taught Tom Prodomo a few years ago.

well done ron... it could turn out to be a seriously good move and the new stadium prob sold the club to MM as he's signed up for 3 years ..diggers should be in by then pulling out the footings! good luck in the coming year... onwards and upwards. come on u blues!

Our fan base seems on the whole relatively satisfied by this appointment for once and it feels like whatever credit Molesley carries into the start of the season won't be expended if, god forbid, we go on a winless run for the first dozen or so games. Would love us to hit ground running but if the audible fickle lot start calling for his head come November cos we're out of all the cups and in the lower, lower half of the table, at least we'll probably still be behind closed doors and the abuse won't get directed to the players and managers when they're on the pitch, which will hopefully be a positive change.

Fantastic news, I was a bit MEH when I first heard his name mentioned. But honestly when I listened to this in depth interview with him I changed my mind completely. I honestly think this is a terrific appointment by Ron. If you've not listened to this already, then I urge you to do so.

As you said, strongly encourage people to take some time out for this. Pretty humbling interview and you can just feel the integrity coming off the man.

This guy is a potential rocket ship for our club.

Just a shame for everyone these aren't normal times and we can't back the appointment from the stands and support what will be a very new team and tactics.
It will undoubtedly be a very hard start for the new management team however this has got the feeling of the right appointment at the right time for some reason.

Back