• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Don't know why they omitted part of the interview with MM.

Here it is for you all:

Interviewer: What was it that swayed it for you? The club, the fanbase, the area, the new ground, the players?

MM: Nah, none of that to be honest. 'Arry says the club's a joke. Fanbase is a bit meh. The new ground? Don't make me laugh. The players? Yeah, for a five-a-side. Nah, I was gonna tell Ron to jog on... then he pulled the ace from up his sleeve. He showed me the new Hummel kits. They're mustard. Soon as a laid my eyes on the beauties I knew I had to be the gaffer of those shirts.

Don't know why they omitted part of the interview with MM.

Here it is for you all:

Interviewer: What was it that swayed it for you? The club, the fanbase, the area, the new ground, the players?

MM: Nah, none of that to be honest. 'Arry says the club's a joke. Fanbase is a bit meh. The new ground? Don't make me laugh. The players? Yeah, for a five-a-side. Nah, I was gonna tell Ron to jog on... then he pulled the ace from up his sleeve. He showed me the new Hummel kits. They're mustard. Soon as a laid my eyes on the beauties I knew I had to be the gaffer of those shirts.

I said to my son that he only signed because of the kits. I've also now read it on here, so it must be true.

I think he mentioned the dreaded "young and Hungry " players , something of an anathema to some on here?

Seems like a really good appointment on the face of things. I have heard weymouth played some really good football. A young manager with fresh ideas and a hunger to succeed. My one niggling concern is the number of Bournemouth loanees he had at weymouth. I think any club of that level would be massively improved by 4 premiership u23 players like weymouth had this season, or under 19s in previous seasons. That obviously is not an automatic formula for success but would certainly have helped. Fully behind the new gaffer, let's hope we've picked a good un

Why are you surprised that he is is bringing someone who in your eyes, is only a UEFA B??? Do you know what the course covers?? as a B LICENCE COACH myself I find that a strange comment

Yeah I know what it covers.

It barely covers coaching within an 11v11 that’s more important and covered more in depth in the A license.

Im not knocking it, I know pro licence coaches that can’t coach their way out of a paper bag and I know Level 2s that are excellent.

I’m just surprised thats all. Most coaches at three levels below the football league are B Licence

Says the right things as you’d expect. If things go to plan, I wonder who the next manager will be in three years time? Not being a negative statement, I’m expecting MM to fulfill his mission statement, and probably be snapped up by a CH or Premiership team (ooh look, Bournemouth). The foundation and catalyst starts now.

Yeah I know what it covers.

It barely covers coaching within an 11v11 that’s more important and covered more in depth in the A license.

Im not knocking it, I know pro licence coaches that can’t coach their way out of a paper bag and I know Level 2s that are excellent.

I’m just surprised thats all. Most coaches at three levels below the football league are B Licence
Most well may be, The A licence does obviously cover more 11v11, however the UEFA B covers everything that is required to be a fantastic coach, man management etc. Its the whole picture not just how you coach. Many pro players have their full licence, but as you say couldnt coach their way out of a paper bag!

Fantastic appointment. It feels good. Bond and Campbell never did, not for me. We were papering over cracks. This one feels different. A young manager with a fantastic record at a lower level with everything to prove

Brings with him a winning mentality and work ethic. I’m actually very surprised we managed to pull this off. He wouldn’t have been short of Football League offers, maybe not right now, but his stock would have been very high! We are an absolute basket case right now and have been for 2 years. He didn’t really need to take us on but I’m very happy that he has

Don’t get carried away. Staying in the division had to remain our priority and will still be difficult if we can’t make signings

Most well may be, The A licence does obviously cover more 11v11, however the UEFA B covers everything that is required to be a fantastic coach, man management etc. Its the whole picture not just how you coach. Many pro players have their full licence, but as you say couldnt coach their way out of a paper bag!

The difference being anyone can get their B Licence. Apply and if there’s space you’re on it!

To get the A Licence you need to be an ex pro, a teacher, or recommended and working within an academy or 11v11 set up. It’s heavily weighted towards people in the pro game so maybe he’s just found it hard to get accepted.

I have to say I know some poor B licence coaches who simply ticked the boxes on assessment day and were good with a spreadsheet or two!!

Not suggesting you’re one of them!! I just know several ?

Back