• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Very surprised he’s bringing a coach along who is only a B Licence to be honest

Thats not meant as an insult btw as as with anything the qualification isn’t necessarily the guide as to the quality. I’m just surprised that’s all.

Now the main issue to get clarified is whether we can manage to keep hold of Fagan in some capacity, whether promoted to first team coach or kept on as U23's. Wouldn't blame him at all for looking elsewhere, but would be a coup to keep him on board if we can.
He wont be going anywhere

I am delighted by this appointment. We have to remember the mismanagement in recent times and be patient. For the moment, we cannot make a signing, so we are starting on the back foot in any case.

I am not expecting immediate success, just hoping Mark can begin to repair the foundation, while picking up enough points to keep us out of trouble.

I agree that Goodship could be our trump card, at least Mark will know where to play him.

I also hope Craig Fagan remains with the Club.

I was seriously underwhelmed when this unknown who manages Weymouth was first linked with us.

But the last thing I wanted is someone picked on name alone but I haven't got a scooby who the next Cowleys may be. I doubt Ron did either when he started this process but Ron did his homework. Sure, the dog ate it a few times but he eventually handed it in in the end and on first impressions it stacks up. Molesley comes across very well, he's had success at a lower level. This is the type of bright young thing I wanted us to go for.

It's a step up for sure and can he get buy in from the squad? I think the key man here is Brandon Goodship. The players won't know the first thing about Molesley so there could be a credibility gap about this part-time manager from the Conference South but if Goodship vouches for him he should get buy in from the start from someone the players already know.

I like that it is a clean slate for everyone. We need to draw a line under the last handful of years and move on. I'm looking forward to seeing what Molesley can build.

Just a shame for everyone these aren't normal times and we can't back the appointment from the stands and support what will be a very new team and tactics.
It will undoubtedly be a very hard start for the new management team however this has got the feeling of the right appointment at the right time for some reason.

Without some of the fans sighing and shouting abuse when a pass goes wrong belittling the players, im hopeful they get some confidence back ready for the fan returning.

As you said, strongly encourage people to take some time out for this. Pretty humbling interview and you can just feel the integrity coming off the man.

This guy is a potential rocket ship for our club.

or even a rocket Goodship!!

I am delighted by this appointment. We have to remember the mismanagement in recent times and be patient. For the moment, we cannot make a signing, so we are starting on the back foot in any case.

I am not expecting immediate success, just hoping Mark can begin to repair the foundation, while picking up enough points to keep us out of trouble.

I agree that Goodship could be our trump card, at least Mark will know where to play him.

I also hope Craig Fagan remains with the Club.
Well it would have been courteous of RM to at Least have had an advance word with fagan before swanning up at the training ground while Fagan was training the first team. Believe he was quite p'd off about it! Great move getting MM. Not a great move rubbing fagans nose in the dirt - deserved better respect.
MM Does look a good appntmnt though

The real tension here is why haven't the mods updated the banner yet we've had a new manager for almost 25 minutes.
Yeah, thanks for that. We have some technical delays but it is being worked on as we speak. SZ Twitter and SZ FB are already up to date if you want to gaze longingly at the new gaffer though.:Smile2:

Well, you guys have hit the jackpot with getting Mark & Tom. Gutted to have lost him from Weymouth, but we regroup & go again.
Best wishes to Mark & Southend for the coming season. Maybe see you in the FA Cup

I hope not, you'll probably beat us! Apart from the "Mark" angle, we always lose in the cups.

The article mentions his assistant manager, does anyone have any knowledge about the rest of his team? Chris Phillips mentioned perhaps 5 would be coming with him?

His first team coach, Bradley Asagba has been appointed Interim Manager.

Coaches Nick Bennett, Jamie Wells, goalkeeping coach Robbie Yates, head analyst Danny Webb, scout Andy Merritt and physio Lloyd Beals will all remain - according to the Dorset Echo.

Not mentioned are his assistant's brother, Joe Prodomo, who I believe is a keeper coach (although I wouldn't have thought Ron would be happy to let Lee Harrison go) and Ben Hays (physio), Charlie Parkinson (sports rehabilitator) and Dave Popejoy (player care). I believe Player Care and a second sports analyst were suggested as being part of the team he was looking to take with him.

Maybe the backroom staff were the delays and why MM was in Dorset last night and not Southend to try and talk them around.

Well done Ron for the change of direction in the management from the previous woeful appointments.Mark sounds an up coming hungry manager what is required but of course proof of the pudding etc it will no doubt take time to galvanize players into a team but with the right recruitment I am confident better times are on the horizon,cant wait

Thats not meant as an insult btw as as with anything the qualification isn’t necessarily the guide as to the quality. I’m just surprised that’s all.
Why are you surprised that he is is bringing someone who in your eyes, is only a UEFA B??? Do you know what the course covers?? as a B LICENCE COACH myself I find that a strange comment

Back