• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Mark Molesley appointed as manager

Well Ron, you pulled it off. Well done. He looks like the real deal. After watching the Athletic vid I chanced to dream and then it all went so quiet. Genuinely excited by this appointment. Let's get behind him and his team. For the first time in many a while cannot wait to see us in action. Pretty sure the players will buy into his philosophy. Could be quite a wake up call for some. The start of the season is so close and once it is up and running the fixtures in three competitions come thick and fast. We shall have to cut MM some slack. Welcome Mark. Wishing you all the luck in the world. Be a lucky manager and you will have us all cheering from the rafters......or armchairs until allowed to attend.

Well we finally got a manager over the line , Welcome Mark i wish you well (still think you must be slightly mad but fair play for giving it a go). Now Mr Martin time to get this embargo off our backs so we can get a few players and please please please make sure you speak to the manager this time round. Im sure Mr Goodship must be as happy as Larry!!

The real tension here is why haven't the mods updated the banner yet we've had a new manager for almost 25 minutes.
and will they change the security question when signing up for the forum?
when i signed up about 3 weeks ago it asked me who was Southend manager and apparently no one was incorrect and it was still Sol Campbell....

Don't get me wrong. I hope he gets us out of this dire situation we are in. I do though have my concerns. He was succeeding at Weymouth largely due to the access he had to the Bouremouth under 23s. He cannot get hold of them here. None of them will want to come to a sinking ship. I am not being negative and really do hope he is our saviour.
Lets be realistic we will be nowhere near promotion this season. Its going to take time.

I'd just like to say that I'm loving my new avatar, it's far better than Mystic Meg, less colourful than Orangey Brown or Sol and I'm starting to feel energetic under the new man's image. I've also got three years to get fed up with it.

and will they change the security question when signing up for the forum?
when i signed up about 3 weeks ago it asked me who was Southend manager and apparently no one was incorrect and it was still Sol Campbell....
@South Bank Hank good point from our Bee-Arrowed friend here!
It may well be that the routine requires a name and 'nobody' wouldn't solve it. But thanks for pointing it out and we're really glad you have enjoyed visiting Shrimperzone.

It may well be that the routine requires a name and 'nobody' wouldn't solve it. But thanks for pointing it out and we're really glad you have enjoyed visiting Shrimperzone.
i actually had to put Sol Campbell in to get it to work :Sad:
and you're quite a friendly bunch on here (so far) :LoyalSupporter: - you've even got the smiley with a Barrow scarf :Unsure:

It appears to be a positive and refreshing appointment after the recent failures of the 'big names' syndrome and I am sure we all hope he succeeds. But as ever, so much depends on Ron Martin's ability to keep the club afloat pending the new stadium going ahead and against that background we should not set the bar too high. Expectations should be tempered with realism. We will start the season not as well prepared as many other clubs and recruitment is likely to be a problem. A mid table position would surely count as a satisfactory outcome, anything better a bonus.

Don't get me wrong. I hope he gets us out of this dire situation we are in. I do though have my concerns. He was succeeding at Weymouth largely due to the access he had to the Bouremouth under 23s. He cannot get hold of them here. None of them will want to come to a sinking ship. I am not being negative and really do hope he is our saviour.
Lets be realistic we will be nowhere near promotion this season. Its going to take time.
I think that may be a bit harsh, I think he's got a bit more about him than that. If you haven't got time to listen to the whole interview, click this link and listen to a couple of minutes from this point (31:20)

And have a read of this article too:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...-club-learning-not-waste-a-second-weymouth-fc

Mark Molesley has something about him and will be keen to prove himself at League Level - his philosophy, methodology and work ethic will be a breath of fresh air. I think we may have got us someone quite special here.

Reactions: RHB
Really pleased with this appointment. I wonder if he is Rons choice or Harrys? Is it all systems go for the development, Ron gets what he wants and Harry buys the football club? Just a thought:Fishing:

Looking forward to the new man's way of doing things. MM that is ?

It's not the route I'd want us to go but I see no reason for your suggestion that he couldn't get Bournemouth players on loan here. I'd have thought Bournemouth would be keen for their u23s to take the next step forward and a loan to a League 2 club would be the logical step after a succesful non-league loan spell. Weymouth were playing the same level as Tom Clifford when he was out on loan at Concord just before he stepped into our first team.

I think that may be a bit harsh, I think he's got a bit more about him than that. If you haven't got time to listen to the whole interview, click this link and listen to a couple of minutes from this point (31:20)

And have a read of this article too:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...-club-learning-not-waste-a-second-weymouth-fc

Mark Molesley has something about him and will be keen to prove himself at League Level - his philosophy, methodology and work ethic will be a breath of fresh air. I think we may have got us someone quite special here.
He has certainly got you convinced even without us kicking a ball. Lets wait and see what magic this so called magician can produce. I do fear for us this season. Lets just hope we can finish above the bottom 2.

Very pleased with this appointment. 3 weeks too late however.
our pre season has thus far been shambolic to say the least. No pre season friendlies, transfer embargo. We are screwed before a ball has been kicked...do we even have balls???
Id be delighted to stay in the league next year...blimey there is the new standard for my beloved club, to remain in the football league.

Back