• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This is why I have started the process early - if things look bad I am more likely to accept an offer should my current client wish to bring me onboard.

My contract comes to an end in November. The rest of my team whose contracts have expired have been asked to join as permanent.

I am not necessarily against this but want to make sure I have options in case an offer is not forthcoming or does not meet my compensation requirements.

As such I have been speculatively applying for a few jobs just to test the market.

Normally I would get a call from the company/agent within a couple of hours of applying but have only had one return call so far.

I can only imagine firms are being swamped with applicants or are reconsidering their staffing requirements.

My bet is that many firms will use the current situation as an excuse to offer lower salaries and to discriminate against older candidates who will have higher salary requirements and family commitments.
we work in the same industry I think, so from my experience it's a bit of both. There are lots of people on the market at the moment who are just 'testing the water'. Literally interviewed one this afternoon. People are worried about COVID and what it means to office working and either wanting to work remote or because their in a box in London, want to get back in the office. So people are looking but from a business perspective there's still a lot of uncertainty.

I think it depends on the company - some were in a tough spot before COVID and are now in a death spiral, where others are actually capitalising on the situation because the work is still out there, they have just been able to adapt and ride through the initial uncertainty.

Good luck with your situation, going permanent right now might not be a bad thing.

Bloody Sunday nights, hate them. Always an absolutely abysmal night's sleep, so starting the working week on the back foot.

Was quite nice during lockdown, not having to worry about a lack of sleep during the night as I could sleep on in the morning!

Small thing.
Without You, by Neillson is a classic, can't be topped SO why do radio, Magic, play the much inferior M Carey version?
Small annoyance but unnecessary and poor.

Although the best version by far is HN's, it was actually written by the Welsh duo Pete Ham and Tom Evans who were the main guys in the band "Badfinger" in the 70's. Harry nicked it from them. They were very involved with The Beatles at that time music wise. In the end they both commited suicide by hanging themselves, Ham in 1975 and Evans in 1983. :Sad:

Here endeth the lesson Old timer. :Smile:

Last edited:
Saw Espanyol's first televised friendly earlier (against Cadiz played in Marbella).Awful 1-0 defeat.

Remember the late, great Johan Cruyff saying about Champions league games (before the knock out stages) that it was "like decaffeinated coffee".Exactly right.That's also my feeling about watching friendlies or even compeditive games without fans in this covid-19 era.

I see the first £10k fine was handed out for one.
And quite right to! The interesting thing in this is that the fine was given after the rave but the BBC were there to film it. Surely prevention is the better way forward?

I see the first £10k fine was handed out for one.
Maybe, but the fine is likely to be NOT paid which would then require a court prosecution, which may, or may not happen, and again may or may not get a conviction as evidence could be less than standard needed.
Or is it a publicity point scorer? A warning to peeps thinking of having a rave on?

The £10k fine for Corbyns brother, Piers.

For organising an anti Covid regs demo in central London....He should have gone to a rave instead.

Back