• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody Sunday nights, hate them. Always an absolutely abysmal night's sleep, so starting the working week on the back foot.

Was quite nice during lockdown, not having to worry about a lack of sleep during the night as I could sleep on in the morning!
Always hated sunday evenings i can't get the radio show" Sing something simple",bath and bed procedure out my head,just horrible.

Roads leading to Sadlers Farm.

The slip road from the A13 to the roundabout to go to Benfleet or Canvey has been closed for 5 weeks and 5 days out of a proposed 6 week closure. No way will it be ready in 2 days.

Anyone who uses that route knows that you now have 2 options, either use the old A13 through Pitsea or go up to the Fairglen roundabout and double back on yourself. The Pitsea raod is regularly queued back to the bridge for the crematorium junction by the Gun, today it was right back to the timber yard, near Rectory Road.

Someone in their infinite wisdom has allowed temporary traffic lights to be installed on that road for some kind of roadworks. Absolute carnage on the road, people doing U-turns all over the place. Honest, they couldn't organise the proverbial **** up in a brewery!

Roads into Southend!
Today there are works causing blocks on Rayleigh Road Eastwood.
Progress Road, Kent Elms and Bell on A127
And don't think old A13 London Road because there was working, minor maybe at Hadleigh.

The slip road from the A13 to the roundabout to go to Benfleet or Canvey has been closed for 5 weeks and 5 days out of a proposed 6 week closure. No way will it be ready in 2 days.
Anyone who uses that route knows that you now have 2 options, either use the old A13 through Pitsea or go up to the Fairglen roundabout and double back on yourself. The Pitsea raod is regularly queued back to the bridge for the crematorium junction by the Gun, today it was right back to the timber yard, near Rectory Road.
Someone in their infinite wisdom has allowed temporary traffic lights to be installed on that road for some kind of roadworks. Absolute carnage on the road, people doing U-turns all over the place. Honest, they couldn't organise the proverbial **** up in a brewery!

Drove back from Stanford Le Hope earlier about 2pm. Fortunately today decided to go via Fairglen rdbt, which from what you say, was a lucky decision. At that time of day, there was no queue at Sadlers rdbt, & sailed straight through up to tarpots.

Van fire on the M25 causing 15 miles of tailbacks clockwise up to Clacketts. Hubby left home at 3 for a pick up at Gatwick. I think he's just picked them up 7 hours after he left home.

It's only been open a few years and now it needs major repairs.

Must have been a right cowboy job.

People who choose to travel abroad and then whinge that they had to change their flights so that their children didn't have to isolate and miss the return to school - why take them abroad at this time ? I realise that they are saying the information has been misleading but why take the chance in the first place.

Nearly 4 hrs to drive back to Leigh from Brighton early afternoon. Good old Dartford Tunnel yet again, & Radio 2 traffic news 11.50am giving the wrong info!.
(Mind you when eventually through the tunnel, the bridge was closed & traffic queuing back to A127 ).

The three way traffic lights outside the new Lidl or Aldi in Priory Crescent causing chaos but no reason or workman in sight

Waze is a traffic app which is updated in real time by users so it gives you the best route and warns you of traffic or accidents etc

Thanks for the info both you & Mad Cyril have suggested. Alas, i dont have an App or Google/ Internet access on my Mobile ( pay as you go phone! ).
Guess it's a good job i only have to use the Motorways 3 - 4 times per year!

Running on the footpath on the seafront very early this morning and having to take evasive action to stop an adult on his bike clipping me as he raced along.

Normally this would have rather. annoyed me but under the circumstances we find ourselves in at the moment I was extremely angry. Why do some adults when there is an almost empty road and a cycling lane use the footpath it is just not only inconsiderate but also dangerous.

Last edited:
Back