• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Celtic player who not only went on a jolly to Spain but failed to quarantine and played in a game.

Jimmy Krankie has vented her anger .

:Angry:

Not happy with Easy Jet.They've just changed the time (of a re-arranged flight from Ist May ) to Gatwick I'd re-booked for 2nd October .I can't claim a refund yet, because according to EJ, this isn't possible until a month before the flight.My return flight from SEN for Sunday 4th October has been cancelled and I've already claimed a refund for this.Looks like EJ will be announcing they're pulling out of SEN soon. :Angry:

I bought some peanut butter that prominently displays Made In Yorkshire on the label.

Even if you overlook the fact that in this case Made in Yorkshire actually means imported peanuts being ground up in a nondescript factory unit, since when has Made in Yorkshire been regarded as a hallmark of quality?

Last of The Summer Wine and Rita Sue and Bob too were also made in Yorkshire and are some of the most depressing things I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Seeing all the people watching the snooker without masks at an inside venue! Yet come September I won’t be able to go to an outside stadium to support the team I love! What a joke!

I agree but I think it could be a positive sign. They are clearly testing the waters with having a capacity of people back in venues.

Heard that Eddie Hearn has asked the government for permission to do a similar thing with a boxing event. With my optimistic hat on, I would say the cogs are slowly turning to get back to another level of 'normal'.

Not happy with Easy Jet.They've just changed the time (of a re-arranged flight from Ist May ) to Gatwick I'd re-booked for 2nd October .I can't claim a refund yet, because according to EJ, this isn't possible until a month before the flight.My return flight from SEN for Sunday 4th October has been cancelled and I've already claimed a refund for this.Looks like EJ will be announcing they're pulling out of SEN soon. :Angry:
Confirmed now, bad news for Southend airport and a pain personally.

A bit of a row going on now. It seems Easy Jet knew ages ago they were pulling out of Southend, but kept taking bookings, and rescheduled earlier bookings, added more flights at Southend, knowing they would not be fulfilled. That kept money coming in, and not much going out in refunds. Now those passengers have to wait for the official cancellation to request a refund. A bit of a nightmare if you have booked a holiday, and maybe even car hire, etc, based on the new flights that were added. Some passengers could be out of pocket, not that Easy Jet seem to care.

A bit of a row going on now. It seems Easy Jet knew ages ago they were pulling out of Southend, but kept taking bookings, and rescheduled earlier bookings, added more flights at Southend, knowing they would not be fulfilled. That kept money coming in, and not much going out in refunds. Now those passengers have to wait for the official cancellation to request a refund. A bit of a nightmare if you have booked a holiday, and maybe even car hire, etc, based on the new flights that were added. Some passengers could be out of pocket, not that Easy Jet seem to care.

The whole quarantine issue really hasn’t helped. I’m sure they probably planned to hold onto some routes but that got ruined by the 14 day quarantine brought in. It’s been crippling for City that’s for sure especially as all of the countries recently added were our main destinations. I do fear for my job currently!

The aviation industry is not in a good place!

The whole quarantine issue really hasn’t helped. I’m sure they probably planned to hold onto some routes but that got ruined by the 14 day quarantine brought in. It’s been crippling for City that’s for sure especially as all of the countries recently added were our main destinations. I do fear for my job currently!

The aviation industry is not in a good place!

Good luck Ricey, I hope you and your work colleagues keep your jobs. You don't have to answer this question of course (Just ignore). It sounds like you work at City Airport, what do you do?

After a very decent breakfast at the Arches, a 35 minute wait to get into Leigh Recycling Centre on Two Tree Island. It's amazing how you can feel total hatred towards total strangers in front of you in the queue for unloading too slowly and making you wait. Come on the useless gits, hurry up!!

My contract comes to an end in November. The rest of my team whose contracts have expired have been asked to join as permanent.

I am not necessarily against this but want to make sure I have options in case an offer is not forthcoming or does not meet my compensation requirements.

As such I have been speculatively applying for a few jobs just to test the market.

Normally I would get a call from the company/agent within a couple of hours of applying but have only had one return call so far.

I can only imagine firms are being swamped with applicants or are reconsidering their staffing requirements.

My bet is that many firms will use the current situation as an excuse to offer lower salaries and to discriminate against older candidates who will have higher salary requirements and family commitments.

My contract comes to an end in November. The rest of my team whose contracts have expired have been asked to join as permanent.

I am not necessarily against this but want to make sure I have options in case an offer is not forthcoming or does not meet my compensation requirements.

As such I have been speculatively applying for a few jobs just to test the market.

Normally I would get a call from the company/agent within a couple of hours of applying but have only had one return call so far.

I can only imagine firms are being swamped with applicants or are reconsidering their staffing requirements.

My bet is that many firms will use the current situation as an excuse to offer lower salaries and to discriminate against older candidates who will have higher salary requirements and family commitments.

My contract ended mid-June. I've not worked since. The company I was with wanted me back, but then decided to take someone internally and back-fill. That has also happened with at least 2 further potential roles.

All the agents are saying the same: that they're having conversations about roles that companies will need soon, but nothing his come to fruition yet. Any decent roles at the moment have upwards of 200 applicants. Some have been nearly 1000. However, you can be sure that only about 50 of those are suitable.

I have never known it to be as bad as this. Usually by now I would have at least a couple of potentials on the go, but at the moment there simply isn't anything. I don't really expect anything to happen during the summer, traditionally this is always a slow time.

My contract ended mid-June. I've not worked since. The company I was with wanted me back, but then decided to take someone internally and back-fill. That has also happened with at least 2 further potential roles.

All the agents are saying the same: that they're having conversations about roles that companies will need soon, but nothing his come to fruition yet. Any decent roles at the moment have upwards of 200 applicants. Some have been nearly 1000. However, you can be sure that only about 50 of those are suitable.

I have never known it to be as bad as this. Usually by now I would have at least a couple of potentials on the go, but at the moment there simply isn't anything. I don't really expect anything to happen during the summer, traditionally this is always a slow time.

I used to get at least one speculative call from agents per day but have only had a couple in the last month.

I used to get at least one speculative call from agents per day but have only had a couple in the last month.

Same here. Pre-lockdown (around mid-Feb) I had agencies ringing me and I had been shortlisted for two very good roles. In fact one of the roles wasn't supposed to start until the beginning of June (my contract was originally ending in March) but they were considering bringing the date forward because they were worried I'd find something in the meantime and they'd lose me. That role, and the other, were put on hold. Neither have come back on stream yet.

I'm trying two things. Firstly I'm trying to stay positive, as all my usual agents are well aware of my position and know to speak to me as soon as something is available - I'm also ringing them regularly.

Secondly, I'm using my spare time to write one of two novels I've had ideas for for a very long time. (I also have an idea for an episode of Dr Who and might try and write the screenplay for that.) This is very much out of my comfort zone and I'm finding it very difficult, but I have the basic structure of what I want in each chapter although I have two different endings and don't know which one would be better!

Last edited:
Back