• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Difficult enough being a taxi driver at the moment, but last night Kev had a Gatwick pick up at 11. All ok getting there but coming home took over 3 hours, because the M23 junctions were closed, vast stretches of the M25 were closed, the M20 was closed, the M2 was closed and then the A13 was closed at Tilbury! Absolutely hideous. Detours just fizzled out into nothing too.

Difficult enough being a taxi driver at the moment, but last night Kev had a Gatwick pick up at 11. All ok getting there but coming home took over 3 hours, because the M23 junctions were closed, vast stretches of the M25 were closed, the M20 was closed, the M2 was closed and then the A13 was closed at Tilbury! Absolutely hideous. Detours just fizzled out into nothing too.
Should have taken the ambulance with the blues and twos going, that would have sped things up a bit and the passengers could have had a lie down on the way home as well.

It's a master plan to provide us public with superior road facilities supposedly....according to Highways England......

Here, here. My son sent me a package from NY 2 weeks ago on Friday. He asked me yesterday if i'd received it yet, i haven't!.
He tracked it, & it's been at Royal Mail in London since 22nd July!.
WTF are they playing at???.. Totally useless or what?.

Tell me about it. Correos (the Spanish postal service) has gone from bad to much worse ever since covid hit.Our new postman (who's from Terrassa, so won't be going anywhere soon,hopefully),tells us it's because once postal workers qualify as civil servants locally, they put in a transfer to their home region elsewhere in Spain.

Last edited:
Should have taken the ambulance with the blues and twos going, that would have sped things up a bit and the passengers could have had a lie down on the way home as well.

Unfortunately, he's not allowed to bring the ambulance home, as such! Otherwise, a great idea!

Beginning to think it'd be easier getting an audience with the Pope than a face to face with our G.P. :Scared:

Glad you mentioned that.Saw an English couple at the beginning of last week (on holiday in La Grande Motte but living in Peterborough, who said there was no problem there).There certainly has been in Spain but not in France where I managed to see one easily yesterday.

The Post Office, again. Had some flexible trunking to return to Amazon as I'd bought the wrong size. As it was from Amazon Marketplace I had to pay postage for the return. To send the box 1st class and signed for? £10.02p. Value of the box? £20. It went second class unsigned.

The Post Office, again. Had some flexible trunking to return to Amazon as I'd bought the wrong size. As it was from Amazon Marketplace I had to pay postage for the return. To send the box 1st class and signed for? £10.02p. Value of the box? £20. It went second class unsigned.

Not sure if it's the same for Amazon market place. But I returned something back to Amazon recently and had to pay. Spoke to them on online chat and they told me to send a copy of the receipt to: return-postage@amazon.co.uk

They refunded me the postage ?

While the Artful Ronster does what he does my local club East Thurrock Utd has been bought by a bloke with £340m ! (See Thurrock Gazette, 30th july for full story. Nice helicopter!)

Not sure if it's the same for Amazon market place. But I returned something back to Amazon recently and had to pay. Spoke to them on online chat and they told me to send a copy of the receipt to: return-postage@amazon.co.uk

They refunded me the postage ?
I rang Amazon Customer Service and spoke to a guy that had trouble even pronouncing his own name. Explained the situation and he told me that it was nothing to do with Amazon as it was a marketplace purchase and to contact the seller direct. Contacted the seller direct only to be told that as there was nothing wrong with their product they would not consider refunding the postage. If I'm honest I sort of expected this outcome, but it would have been nice to be proved wrong.

Bought the ground and 50pct of the club. Very strange investment.
Are you one of their faithful few?
No. Southend only couldnt support any other team. Why strange ? looks like he is serious, moving his business into the area as well. ETU could be in L1 before us ! I see you are in my stamping ground at ashingdon, isthe traffic still a nightmare?

Yep, as grim as ever, council’s house buildings plans will only make it worse still along Ashingdon Road when their next idiotic development commences for the London overflow community.

Well, if you’ve been to ETU I reckon you’d know why it’s strange, not a good location and little support locally which even a mega-million investor is unlikely to change. Should have bought Thurrock United a few years back when they up for sale, that’s if he’s really interested in football. Would have been a much better deal and with the ground having close access to the A13 / M25.

Back