• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching Games on iFollow?

Is it possible to watch matches on a smart TV rather than a PC or some other device? If it is then I might indulge myself on Saturday.

My TV has a web browser, so I signed into iFollow, but I couldn't get any videos to play :Sad:

Anybody know the answer to londonblue’s question?

I could be wrong but I don't think iFollow is available on most SmartTV app stores. The best way to watch it on your TV is by plugging an HDMI into your laptop, I've done that a few times and it is absolutely fine.

Is it possible to watch matches on a smart TV rather than a PC or some other device? If it is then I might indulge myself on Saturday.

I've got a smart tv with a web browser but for some reason I couldn't sign in to ifollow so I connect my laptop to the tv using an hdmi lead and that seems to work. However as I'm new to ifollow I'm waiting to see how well it works for tomorrow's match.

I could be wrong but I don't think iFollow is available on most SmartTV app stores. The best way to watch it on your TV is by plugging an HDMI into your laptop, I've done that a few times and it is absolutely fine.

Ha! You beat me to it.

I've got a philips smart TV and used an Internet app on it to login to ifollow so am expecting it to be ok Saturday ?

I've got a smart tv with a web browser but for some reason I couldn't sign in to ifollow so I connect my laptop to the tv using an hdmi lead and that seems to work. However as I'm new to ifollow I'm waiting to see how well it works for tomorrow's match.

That's exactly my problem, and my potential solution! I was hoping I had done something wrong but for once it seems not! I'm just not keen on moving my PC...that said, I'm not sure I'm keen on spending £10 to see us lose.

Last edited:
Currently out in Greece and was going to watch thr Gills game on iFollow but reading up is says you can only watch in the UK. Has anyone overseas purchased to watch overseas?

I've purchased a Season Pass for iFollow. Will that allow me to watch Saturday's game or does the Pass only cover league games?

Thanks.

Currently out in Greece and was going to watch thr Gills game on iFollow but reading up is says you can only watch in the UK. Has anyone overseas purchased to watch overseas?

The League Cup is only available in the UK (and maybe Ireland) because of rights issues.

Anyone think any of the local pubs ie spread railway or boar will have the game on?

I use a HDMI cable from my PC and it works fine for me. Sadly today due to being overseas I'm exempt to viewing it today.

Often when I've used a VPN (eg to access the BBC's i player) it's cute enough to know my real location -even though I've set it to the UK.
I use a free VPN for UK tv including BBC. and C4 catchup. IPlayer can be a bit funny sometimes, if I forget to activate it before logging in and will not work till I flush and re-boot.

Back