• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United vs Harrogate Town

Very sad watching this today - 40+ years a supporter and a very low time ahead I fear

So there has to be a scapegoat and Oxley is in the cross hairs it seems- do we think he has continually given the ball to our defenders in the box throughout because he has unilaterally chosen to do it off his own back, or do we think that is the tactics and he has been asked to do it?

Oxley is not a scapegoat; we would have gone in at half time only 1-0 down of it wasn't for his pathetic attempt at a save

I think Ron needs to sell the club and walk away or employ a CEO to run the club - if we cannot sign anyone because of embargo if we settle our debts do we come out of embargo? If so why are we doing the usual brinkmanship game where we wait till the last day and pay - just pay now - I am probably missing something here!
Anyway just think Ron doesn't have the ideas and the drive anymore and if it is all about the new ground and how much he will make when it gets built - if that is the case then we are on the way to the National League

Shocking tactics, shocking decision making, shocking performance.

Everyone will have their own scapegoats, and they will all be partially right. If you think for example it all Ron’s fault you will be partially right- but then you are excusing that performance from that set of players and the management team when plainly they could all have done better.

Hopefully next week will be far better with White, Demetriou, Deing and maybe Lennon back in contention and at least Akinola incoming (assuming he has signed- hope has or he might change his mind).

I’m off down the pub

The passing was tentative and the urgency: non existent.
Whatever the game plan; Southend were naive, and this youngster thing is getting on my nerves.
Trapping, passing the ball and moving into space isn't an ageist thing.
The truth was the collective; young or old was pants.

BOYS BOYS manager trying tactics from the back DOSN'T WORK AT THIS LEVEL , but he will say
they will learn,, most played last year if they didnt learn then they B.... wont now. Well done chairman your stewardship of this club is for all to SEE

Back