• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Oldham Athletic 27th October 2020 19:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oldham score an average of just under 1.5 goals per game, whilst conceding a shade over 2 goals per game.

We also concede 2 goals per game, but manage a paltry 0.5 goals per game.

So by that nonsensical logic, I’m going 2-1 to Oldham

Based on your Maths , 3-1 seems the more likely outcome

Oldham score an average of just under 1.5 goals per game, whilst conceding a shade over 2 goals per game.

We also concede 2 goals per game, but manage a paltry 0.5 goals per game.

So by that nonsensical logic, I’m going 2-1 to Oldham

with those stats, I'll go for 2-2 with 3 own goals

Think I’d rather Lennon and Hobson with Dieng in front, I’m not convinced with Dieng at the back but think I’m on my own with that!

You’re not alone. Dieng isn’t a CB. Neither is he a CM for that matter.

Based on all his attributes, he’d be better suited to playing park football in a Parisian suburb. Or the Scottish Premier League.

You’re not alone. Dieng isn’t a CB. Neither is he a CM for that matter.

Based on all his attributes, he’d be better suited to playing park football in a Parisian suburb. Or the Scottish Premier League.

Harsh! I think he could be a decent league 2 CM but might never see it if he’s slowly destroyed playing out of position. Still think he’ll start alongside Lennon, won’t drop Kyle or Olayinka, nor should he.

Harsh! I think he could be a decent league 2 CM but might never see it if he’s slowly destroyed playing out of position. Still think he’ll start alongside Lennon, won’t drop Kyle or Olayinka, nor should he.

Mark Milligan hated playing alongside him in midfield, because he didn’t fancy a tackle, couldn’t head the ball & was continuously caught out of position.

In a two-man central midfield role, I believe he is more of a hindrance than a help.

We are going WIN ... 2 - 0

Play off push starting .. our young stars climb the league and sneak into the autos

League one champs in 21/22

CC Champions in 22/23

Prem - 4th place - 23/24

European Champions 24/25 -

Roots Hall re-development completed with the famous car park East stand alone holding 14,000

The North Bank - (aka as the Shrimpers Wall) - 11,000

South Upper 10 K - incl boxes

West - 15k

Prediction: 2-0 Oldham followed by a small repayment to HMRC on Wednesday, meaning we survive and have a 3-0 defeat to Port Vale on Saturday to look forward to.

Back