• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Oldham Athletic 27th October 2020 19:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Screenshot (80).png

League games are coming thick and fast and the next fun fest is against Oldham Athletic. Oldham are nearly in as deep ****e as we are at the moment with only one win in 8 starts. So this is another 'must win' game for us if we are to hang on to other clubs shirt tails.

Normal pre-match stuff here full of wisdom, insights and feelings of general well being. The game is available on iFollow, vouchers for S/T holders and a tenner for anyone else. Worth remembering it's a 7pm ko so don't log in too late (half time).

Fill yer boots people.

PS - If you're an Oldham fan looking in (and I know you are cos I've just approved you joining), why not share your views?

Last edited:
Same team, depending on whether White and Macca are fit.

If they are, swap White for Dieng and Macca for Elvis, put JD RB.

Hahaha
C'mon everyone keep up!
Have a look at clarky176's post and work it out

Like I said in the Tranmere post-match thread, this is an early season relegation 6 pointer. Oldham are only 3 points above us, albeit with a better goal difference but a win here would be a real confidence boost for the squad and I think, if we play as well as we did yesterday then we could finally get that first win.

Whites a possible at the moment as far as I'm aware. Don't think Macca is tho. Suspect JD may play as long as knee stays ok after lots of games in a short space. As far as I know It's fine. Doubt MM will use JD at right back while Elvis is available cos he's needed in the middle. Think Elvis will stay at rb.
All guesswork of course !
trouble is, even if white and macca were near fit they won't be anywhere near 90 mins match fit. Same goes for the elusive akinola

Last edited:
Oldham score an average of just under 1.5 goals per game, whilst conceding a shade over 2 goals per game.

We also concede 2 goals per game, but manage a paltry 0.5 goals per game.

So by that nonsensical logic, I’m going 2-1 to Oldham

Back